ragz4u
03-27 10:16 AM
Thanks to the efforts of everyone at IV and QGA, we have the golden opportunity for a member of IV to actually testify before Congress. No kidding!
This has to be one of the best and most effective chance we have to make our point directly to the lawmakers
IV is looking for someone who is in the �limbo� stage, and has made a significant contribution to the economy (ie, invented something, made a medical discovery, created a lot of jobs, etc.)
Please treat this as very very urgent. We need someone like this ASAP.
Please contact any of the following if you come across someone who fits the criteria
shrey@immigrationvoice.org
jay@immigrationvoice.org
sandeep@immigrationvoice.org
nagaraj@immigrationvoice.org
kapooraman@immigrationvoice.org
This is your chance to speak up and be heard. Please pass it on to everyone you know.....
This has to be one of the best and most effective chance we have to make our point directly to the lawmakers
IV is looking for someone who is in the �limbo� stage, and has made a significant contribution to the economy (ie, invented something, made a medical discovery, created a lot of jobs, etc.)
Please treat this as very very urgent. We need someone like this ASAP.
Please contact any of the following if you come across someone who fits the criteria
shrey@immigrationvoice.org
jay@immigrationvoice.org
sandeep@immigrationvoice.org
nagaraj@immigrationvoice.org
kapooraman@immigrationvoice.org
This is your chance to speak up and be heard. Please pass it on to everyone you know.....
wallpaper rockabilly hair styles retro
immigrant2007
06-30 02:11 PM
I wish it was so easy. USCIS cannot just do fixes on their own. Getting the administration to support us and get some fixes is what IV is working on.
I wish more people had come to the advocacy event. They would have seen first hand what amount of hard work has been put in. The kind of commitment and personal sacrifices members have put in to not only get the ball rolling on the admin fixes but also building relationships on the hill.
I dont disagree with you. But I was just telling an admin fix that could be pissble and bring releief to lots of people who really need it.
I wish more people had come to the advocacy event. They would have seen first hand what amount of hard work has been put in. The kind of commitment and personal sacrifices members have put in to not only get the ball rolling on the admin fixes but also building relationships on the hill.
I dont disagree with you. But I was just telling an admin fix that could be pissble and bring releief to lots of people who really need it.
GC_Geek
09-12 12:40 PM
It is a personal choice plus the level of risk you take, I bought my house before my GC was approved and here I am now. Setting aside GC concern, the only problem you might face is securing a loan with good rate, all lowest rate that you notice in internet banner or Bank flyer is not applicable to you, simple reason H1b Visa is considered as temporary Visa, once your loan application is taken by a banker, one of the question in loan app. pertain to Citizenship, if you're US citizen or GC holder then chances of getting loan with lower rate is higher(though many factors contribute to lower rate and loan approval), but if a person on H1B visa approach for a home loan, then Under writers perceive you as high risk borrower, some bank may deny loan if you claim as H1B visa holder, but some banks will approve loan but on higher rate.
In my case I was on EAD when my loan was approved, it was a hell lot of problem in convincing UW to approve loan, I approached my lawyer to get a letter stating that a person on EAD is one step closer to GC to get final approval, still I ended up taking 0.25 % more rate.
Good Luck
HTH
kris
I really liked your sensible answer, useful for me too...
I am guessing that the original poster of this poll is looking for some answers/opinions/advises like this.
Thanks Kris,
In my case I was on EAD when my loan was approved, it was a hell lot of problem in convincing UW to approve loan, I approached my lawyer to get a letter stating that a person on EAD is one step closer to GC to get final approval, still I ended up taking 0.25 % more rate.
Good Luck
HTH
kris
I really liked your sensible answer, useful for me too...
I am guessing that the original poster of this poll is looking for some answers/opinions/advises like this.
Thanks Kris,
2011 wedding hairstyles with
BECsufferer
05-13 02:04 PM
When there is a overflow, I strongly feel that it should flow to all the categories and that is called equality. Some inefficient people in Decision making authority at USCIS framed a rule on visa overflow and they are following it. If the rule is not much logical/ethical to most of the people, then anyone can voice their rights against it.
Just for example, a team consists of one project manager(EB1), two tech leads(EB2) and 6 Developers(EB3). The demand is based on no. of vacancies exists on the market, that means a lot of EB3, less EB2 and few EB1.
As per this rule, USCIS is not actually feeding the hungry.
Regarding the country quota, US is not favoring/helping the foreign countries by giving GC to those people from them. So, it makes no sense at all when it comes to immigrants but I can understand the bureaucracy behind it.
If they are implementing the country limit then it should be like 0.00001% of that country's population, I feel.
Dear unknown friend;
The EB categorizations are based on skill levels that add value to the intellect pool of the country. So EB1, EB2 and EB3 categories were established to develop a system that can be used for application review.
In Eb3 case, there is an over-supply in this category than the demand, which is the case frankly, you should think about how to overcome this challange. One easy way I hear most of the people are following is to qualify for next value added category i.e. EB2. I think this would be better way to overcome your problem than complain about in-justices. Someone rightly said, beggars are not choosers!
My apologizes in advance for all those offended. Please remember it wasn't my intent.
Just for example, a team consists of one project manager(EB1), two tech leads(EB2) and 6 Developers(EB3). The demand is based on no. of vacancies exists on the market, that means a lot of EB3, less EB2 and few EB1.
As per this rule, USCIS is not actually feeding the hungry.
Regarding the country quota, US is not favoring/helping the foreign countries by giving GC to those people from them. So, it makes no sense at all when it comes to immigrants but I can understand the bureaucracy behind it.
If they are implementing the country limit then it should be like 0.00001% of that country's population, I feel.
Dear unknown friend;
The EB categorizations are based on skill levels that add value to the intellect pool of the country. So EB1, EB2 and EB3 categories were established to develop a system that can be used for application review.
In Eb3 case, there is an over-supply in this category than the demand, which is the case frankly, you should think about how to overcome this challange. One easy way I hear most of the people are following is to qualify for next value added category i.e. EB2. I think this would be better way to overcome your problem than complain about in-justices. Someone rightly said, beggars are not choosers!
My apologizes in advance for all those offended. Please remember it wasn't my intent.
more...
pappu
02-23 12:50 PM
Thanks msp1976. Pls work on it further to make it 3 times the length you have now.
Also your article can be used by us for US media (opportunity #2) Pls. use your analytical skills and number crunching you displayed on other thread in your article. You can tilt it towards CIR bill and how much we high skilled immigrants need a relief measure, to make it more timely and we will get it published in first week of March in american media to time it with activities on CIR.
Also your article can be used by us for US media (opportunity #2) Pls. use your analytical skills and number crunching you displayed on other thread in your article. You can tilt it towards CIR bill and how much we high skilled immigrants need a relief measure, to make it more timely and we will get it published in first week of March in american media to time it with activities on CIR.
Michael chertoff
07-31 11:30 AM
this link is not working.
more...
Honda
04-15 02:28 PM
Yesterday, I was told by the client that my project is going to end by this month end i.e Apr 30. Actually it was supposed to go for the next 2 years. I am currently in the project working for the project. They said the lay off was becoz of budget issues. But I see I am the only one that is target in this lay-off. I am working with the same client for the past 3 years. The lay off news was really shocking and devastating.
I am currently 9 months pregnant. As the client did that to me, I thought that atleast I might have some options with my current employer. My employer is a desi consultancy. I never been on Bench for single day for the Past 6 years ( Day 1 that I entered into US to till now).
When I spoke to my employer today he gave me a termination letter stating that my project end date will be my last date with them. It was more shocking. I will be on maternity leave anytime in month of may depending on the delivery. I don't see any possible options that any client can take me into project when I am in 9th month of pregnancy.
As my husband is doing consulting, I filed the green card thru this employer, 485 is pending more than 180 days, 140 approved in EB2 category. We paid all the attorney fees and filing fees from our pocket. We spent nearly $10,000 for the GC process. My husband was on bench for the past 2 months. He got a job on EAD which is going to start next week.
1. I see that my employer is terminating me immediately because he can avoid maternity expenses. I told him that I will take 3 months FMLA for unpaid maternity leave from Apr 30th. And look for the Job immediately after delivery and get into the Job. But still he is telling he won't provide me that time. Maintaining the status is very important for me as me and my husband depends on the EAD.
2.My medical insurance is with my employer, If I get laid off in this critical situation, I won't be having insurance. We can't afford the delivery expenses without insurance.
3. Even though my husband will get insurance with the new company, We are not sure that company will cover the pre-existing pregnancy that is in final stages.
4. And also not sure that the insurance will be under the network of OBG/YN and the hospital I registered for delivery. His job is in different state but he will find out the options once he starts his job next week.
5. Does anyone think that my employer is discriminating the law? He is terminating me immediately becoz I am pregnant.
I am not sure whether he is doing the right thing but the situation I am in is the worst situation I ever expected of. Its lot of stress on me and my baby. We are unable to sleep for hour with all the tensions ahead. My husband's job is dependent on my valid status. If something screw up we both be in very bad situation. I really don't want any one in my situation.
Please help me, if any one know any options where I can maintain my status during the pregnancy and maternity leave, Please tell me.
Sorry to hear your situation. Please let me know right now which state you are? i have some options to tell you.
I am currently 9 months pregnant. As the client did that to me, I thought that atleast I might have some options with my current employer. My employer is a desi consultancy. I never been on Bench for single day for the Past 6 years ( Day 1 that I entered into US to till now).
When I spoke to my employer today he gave me a termination letter stating that my project end date will be my last date with them. It was more shocking. I will be on maternity leave anytime in month of may depending on the delivery. I don't see any possible options that any client can take me into project when I am in 9th month of pregnancy.
As my husband is doing consulting, I filed the green card thru this employer, 485 is pending more than 180 days, 140 approved in EB2 category. We paid all the attorney fees and filing fees from our pocket. We spent nearly $10,000 for the GC process. My husband was on bench for the past 2 months. He got a job on EAD which is going to start next week.
1. I see that my employer is terminating me immediately because he can avoid maternity expenses. I told him that I will take 3 months FMLA for unpaid maternity leave from Apr 30th. And look for the Job immediately after delivery and get into the Job. But still he is telling he won't provide me that time. Maintaining the status is very important for me as me and my husband depends on the EAD.
2.My medical insurance is with my employer, If I get laid off in this critical situation, I won't be having insurance. We can't afford the delivery expenses without insurance.
3. Even though my husband will get insurance with the new company, We are not sure that company will cover the pre-existing pregnancy that is in final stages.
4. And also not sure that the insurance will be under the network of OBG/YN and the hospital I registered for delivery. His job is in different state but he will find out the options once he starts his job next week.
5. Does anyone think that my employer is discriminating the law? He is terminating me immediately becoz I am pregnant.
I am not sure whether he is doing the right thing but the situation I am in is the worst situation I ever expected of. Its lot of stress on me and my baby. We are unable to sleep for hour with all the tensions ahead. My husband's job is dependent on my valid status. If something screw up we both be in very bad situation. I really don't want any one in my situation.
Please help me, if any one know any options where I can maintain my status during the pregnancy and maternity leave, Please tell me.
Sorry to hear your situation. Please let me know right now which state you are? i have some options to tell you.
2010 choppy long hairstyles
smmakani
04-25 09:11 PM
Even if this system comes into existence, it should not be affecting us because we are already certified as eligible based on labor certification.
more...
srinithati
11-03 05:50 PM
try using Traveler checks(TC).
One can go to any major bank and purchase TC, Upto 5000 US $ is allowed legally.
but they may make entry in the borrower Indian Passport.
One can go to any major bank and purchase TC, Upto 5000 US $ is allowed legally.
but they may make entry in the borrower Indian Passport.
hair female rockabilly hairstyle. house rockabilly hairstyle
Humhongekamyab
01-15 02:40 PM
I have been thinking for a long time to own a gun but due to my H-1B status could'nt own one. My I-140 was approved last year and now I am working on EAD.
I am wondering if anybody else in a similar situation purchased a gun; I mean after he/she started working using EAD. I tried to research the issue but the law is not clear on the subject.
I am wondering if anybody else in a similar situation purchased a gun; I mean after he/she started working using EAD. I tried to research the issue but the law is not clear on the subject.
more...
belmontboy
01-15 02:46 PM
Here is the news from the Little Rock newpaper. Apparently the criminal shot dead another guy right after this incident http://arkansasmatters.com/content/fulltext/news/?cid=175391
From the above link: "Police say the suspect fits the description of a gunman who robbed another man earlier this morning on Michael Road, and shot him in the leg. The victim in that incident is expected to recover".
Indian news sites are saying the guy is dead! donno what to believe
From the above link: "Police say the suspect fits the description of a gunman who robbed another man earlier this morning on Michael Road, and shot him in the leg. The victim in that incident is expected to recover".
Indian news sites are saying the guy is dead! donno what to believe
hot rockabilly hairstyles for
vghc
01-14 01:48 PM
We are so screwed!!!!
But look at the bright side....at least we have a job.:o
But look at the bright side....at least we have a job.:o
more...
house rockabilly hairstyles for men.
nav_kri
02-23 03:34 PM
Impressive to see that this thread jumped from discussing Rahman Oscar award accomplishment to terrorism.
Anyway, Rahman has come a long way from being unknown composer in his first move 'Roja' to competing in gloabl arena of Academy Awards.
It has to be a movie produced by American production house to compete in wide variety of categories. Competing from foreign country reduces the exposure.
It would be wrong to say that Rahman's talent was showcased in slumdog millionaire coz he has obvioulsy done rich material even before, but this time the timing was perfect and he was at the right time in the right place. I would like to see his doing background score for good hollywood movie. The fusion would be interesting.
Anyway, Rahman has come a long way from being unknown composer in his first move 'Roja' to competing in gloabl arena of Academy Awards.
It has to be a movie produced by American production house to compete in wide variety of categories. Competing from foreign country reduces the exposure.
It would be wrong to say that Rahman's talent was showcased in slumdog millionaire coz he has obvioulsy done rich material even before, but this time the timing was perfect and he was at the right time in the right place. I would like to see his doing background score for good hollywood movie. The fusion would be interesting.
tattoo Rockabilly Hairstyles for
gceverywhere
03-19 03:15 PM
We could not even pool $10K for FOIA. For lobbying, one needs lots and lots of money in the range of 100K -200K. What can IV do? Can you explain what you mean by "something'? if all of us EB3's can pool 100K, then we can request IV to do "SOMETHING". Hope every one understands this.
I Agree but then again, we have to realize that this is a loop. Maybe it's a matter of IV proposing a campaign specifically for EB3 I and then see what kind of money pours in for that campaign.
I have contributed in terms of time and money and do believe in what we do through IV. I also know that WE are IV. So don't take my message in the wrong way
I Agree but then again, we have to realize that this is a loop. Maybe it's a matter of IV proposing a campaign specifically for EB3 I and then see what kind of money pours in for that campaign.
I have contributed in terms of time and money and do believe in what we do through IV. I also know that WE are IV. So don't take my message in the wrong way
more...
pictures rockabilly pin up hairstyles.

sorcerer666
04-21 02:14 PM
The onus lies on you to do the needful not US Government or IV. I have known people who left their well established career to take care of their folks. You are looking for the solution to your problem on this message board, however you need not look this far. Enough said.
Exactly! This person is making her parents go back and forth every six months, but wont consider moving back home and post such stupid questions and asks why don't create a new visa category?? Ask her if she will go meet lawmakers for this??
Exactly! This person is making her parents go back and forth every six months, but wont consider moving back home and post such stupid questions and asks why don't create a new visa category?? Ask her if she will go meet lawmakers for this??
dresses rockabilly hairstyle pinup
pappu
01-21 08:27 PM
FY EB1 EB2 EB3
2003 1,266 8,536 10,647
2004 2,998 16,262 19,889
2005 6,336 16,687 23,250
2006 3,156 3,720 3,006
2007 2,855 6,203 17,795
2008 5,327 14,819 3,576
21,938 66,227 78,163
Going forward, EB3 would be in 3000 to 4000 range unless we come together as a force and act.
If it helps we can bring some good statistics experts on board to analyze the data we will have on our tracker and from USCIS. This will give us better estimates on movement of dates and how everything is currently being processed. let us know what you think or if you have any other ideas.
To do this it is important that we all input our data in IV tracker. Soon some more features will be added to the tracker and we will make it really robust easy to analyze. Could everyone help spread the word about the tracker so that everyone can come to IV and input their dates.
2003 1,266 8,536 10,647
2004 2,998 16,262 19,889
2005 6,336 16,687 23,250
2006 3,156 3,720 3,006
2007 2,855 6,203 17,795
2008 5,327 14,819 3,576
21,938 66,227 78,163
Going forward, EB3 would be in 3000 to 4000 range unless we come together as a force and act.
If it helps we can bring some good statistics experts on board to analyze the data we will have on our tracker and from USCIS. This will give us better estimates on movement of dates and how everything is currently being processed. let us know what you think or if you have any other ideas.
To do this it is important that we all input our data in IV tracker. Soon some more features will be added to the tracker and we will make it really robust easy to analyze. Could everyone help spread the word about the tracker so that everyone can come to IV and input their dates.
more...
makeup short rockabilly hairstyles
haifromsk@yahoo.com
05-08 11:02 PM
Best way to get more immigrants to participate in advocacy efforts by immigrationvoice.org for legal immigration is by communicating to international student organizations of various universities around virginia, maryland, washingtondc,west virginia north and south carolina. Arranging busses for the students is not a bad idea. Students once convinced why they need change in current immigration reforms for employment base legal immigrants will participate in huge numbers to attend the advocacy efforts done by immigrationvoice.org as they have more time in hand
girlfriend /rockabilly-hairstyles-for
alterego
10-05 01:17 PM
Look at this part of Wall Street Journal :
Look at this. Even when the conversation if totally on "high-killed workers", there is always and has to be always, a line or a sentence about illegal immigrants. Somehow, you cannot discuss anything about anything unless you have one line about illegal immigrants. The only sensible reason to discuss illegal immigration in same topic as "attract and retain" the "high-skilled workers" is that if there are people who are high-skilled, need to be "attracted and retained" and also happen to be "illegal".
So folks, look around yourself, do you find anyone who is "high skilled", "illegal" and also need better laws to be "attraced and retained". NASA folks and folks from silicon valley, please check the cubicle next to you to find an illegal rocket scientist or an undocumented microchip designer. Those damned illegal rocket scientists and doctors.
Hey WSJ...listen up !!! Are you being facetious, or are you really not as competant as people think you are ?
To add to this point. This is AFTER the implosion of CIR on the Senate floor. CIR was supposed to be the reason issues around legal highly skilled immigration were deferred.
So, after deferral, implosion of CIR, we yet get a line clumping these two. It is almost like a nicotine addict trying to break the habit. Media can be so close minded.
All I can say is what IV has done to try to separate these two issues, is nothing short of herculean. Now atleast we are seeing some semblance of a separation. I think the Rally in DC was a highly significant moment in this regard. I am also pleasantly surprised to see as much attention given to the immigrant visa issue (ie green cards) as was to the rest of it. Previously highly skilled immigration was thought to be tantamount to H1b visas. The issue of permanent green cards was a footnote.
Look at this. Even when the conversation if totally on "high-killed workers", there is always and has to be always, a line or a sentence about illegal immigrants. Somehow, you cannot discuss anything about anything unless you have one line about illegal immigrants. The only sensible reason to discuss illegal immigration in same topic as "attract and retain" the "high-skilled workers" is that if there are people who are high-skilled, need to be "attracted and retained" and also happen to be "illegal".
So folks, look around yourself, do you find anyone who is "high skilled", "illegal" and also need better laws to be "attraced and retained". NASA folks and folks from silicon valley, please check the cubicle next to you to find an illegal rocket scientist or an undocumented microchip designer. Those damned illegal rocket scientists and doctors.
Hey WSJ...listen up !!! Are you being facetious, or are you really not as competant as people think you are ?
To add to this point. This is AFTER the implosion of CIR on the Senate floor. CIR was supposed to be the reason issues around legal highly skilled immigration were deferred.
So, after deferral, implosion of CIR, we yet get a line clumping these two. It is almost like a nicotine addict trying to break the habit. Media can be so close minded.
All I can say is what IV has done to try to separate these two issues, is nothing short of herculean. Now atleast we are seeing some semblance of a separation. I think the Rally in DC was a highly significant moment in this regard. I am also pleasantly surprised to see as much attention given to the immigrant visa issue (ie green cards) as was to the rest of it. Previously highly skilled immigration was thought to be tantamount to H1b visas. The issue of permanent green cards was a footnote.
hairstyles makeup 2008 dark rockabilly hairstyle rockabilly hairstyle.

n_2006
05-14 09:57 AM
I agree with you totally. Being patient is a good way to take this. I have seen this happening at my work place too. But until we get GC we have to learn to handle this. We are 16 desi's in my company and my managers says that many "co-workers" are jealous as it seems that we are taking their jobs
etc.
I hope this CIR passes and I get EAD and I shall try to leave as soon as possible.
Leaving to another company? and keep changing until you get a better company.
etc.
I hope this CIR passes and I get EAD and I shall try to leave as soon as possible.
Leaving to another company? and keep changing until you get a better company.
sanjeev_2004
08-22 11:14 PM
Just Thought
There is 200k application without 140 approval, this is including july filers.
there is lot of chnace for those who got their I-140 approved, even their PD '2006.
you can see people getting approved PD'2005 EB2 cases, even then VB says now 2004'apr for EB2.They are not processing based on PD now and in future also i gues.Since we have already filed.PD will restrict only to File I-485 in future.
- satish
TSC approving old PD I140 first and that is suffient for demand supply ratio. no approval possible with PD'2005 EB2 cases for contries like India.
There is 200k application without 140 approval, this is including july filers.
there is lot of chnace for those who got their I-140 approved, even their PD '2006.
you can see people getting approved PD'2005 EB2 cases, even then VB says now 2004'apr for EB2.They are not processing based on PD now and in future also i gues.Since we have already filed.PD will restrict only to File I-485 in future.
- satish
TSC approving old PD I140 first and that is suffient for demand supply ratio. no approval possible with PD'2005 EB2 cases for contries like India.
rockstart
08-03 09:36 AM
The only thing that can help us predict Sep bulletin is how many visa # have been used so far from 2009 quota. Since USCIS will be rushing to use up all visa # the quantity can least give us an idea if dates will move few months or few years. USCIS should not have trouble with either since they have so many pre-adjudicated applications to take care of both scenario's. I am pretty optimistic (realistically confident) that there will be a forward movement.