sledge_hammer
02-23 11:00 AM
I wouldn't call ourselves losers. But I do agree with your statement about Richard Attenborough and Danny Boyle, because I was thinking the same thing!
It took a richard attenborough to show case Gandhi and it took Danny Boyle to show case Rahman's talent. as simple as that.. people who cant rejoice at this moment are sore frigging losers. end of story. :D
It took a richard attenborough to show case Gandhi and it took Danny Boyle to show case Rahman's talent. as simple as that.. people who cant rejoice at this moment are sore frigging losers. end of story. :D
wallpaper eauty and east ugly face
gbof
08-27 11:39 AM
I checked with some folks who have got GCs in the past and they mentioned that FP (2nd time ) is not needed.....unlike the minds of USCIS one's FP doesn't change over his lifetime...that said..if you apply renew EAD u can get FP notice....
But if 15 month rule of FP is correct then very few will get approved as very few have received 2nd FP notice....so I am not sure what is good or bad...we need to know if the folks who had got FP notice had recently renewed their EADs or not.
I am current next month but I rate my odds as 2/98 meaning 2% chance of getting clear.....taking into account RD/ND/transfer/FP all vagaries into account....even Indian monsoon is more predictable.
SoP
No rules are rules for uscis. Remember during the famous 07/07 VB fiasco-- Uscis came out with an explanation for reversal of initial VB as follows:
60,000 visas available were made available to approve able cases' over the weekend.. So you can expect anything from those quarters..
But if 15 month rule of FP is correct then very few will get approved as very few have received 2nd FP notice....so I am not sure what is good or bad...we need to know if the folks who had got FP notice had recently renewed their EADs or not.
I am current next month but I rate my odds as 2/98 meaning 2% chance of getting clear.....taking into account RD/ND/transfer/FP all vagaries into account....even Indian monsoon is more predictable.
SoP
No rules are rules for uscis. Remember during the famous 07/07 VB fiasco-- Uscis came out with an explanation for reversal of initial VB as follows:
60,000 visas available were made available to approve able cases' over the weekend.. So you can expect anything from those quarters..
dacooldude
09-07 12:52 PM
we can come up with many excuses that would easily fall under "emergent personal or bona fide business reasons" category.
I thought we must get ready with some reasons, when using AP to re-enter US. I have come up with some of my own that I may use:
1) Grandpa or Grandma is sick (most common reason, perhaps no body uses it as a reason anymore)(bona fide personal reason)
2) Land dispute (bona fide business reason)
3) Parents home need urgent repair (bona fide business reason)
4) Water shortage problem (bona fide business reason)
My Wife was had to go to India for a medical treatment. The cost of the treatment is much less then here in the US (also most of the health insurance dont cover it). She plans to go back in the next few months, Is that a valid reason?
I thought we must get ready with some reasons, when using AP to re-enter US. I have come up with some of my own that I may use:
1) Grandpa or Grandma is sick (most common reason, perhaps no body uses it as a reason anymore)(bona fide personal reason)
2) Land dispute (bona fide business reason)
3) Parents home need urgent repair (bona fide business reason)
4) Water shortage problem (bona fide business reason)
My Wife was had to go to India for a medical treatment. The cost of the treatment is much less then here in the US (also most of the health insurance dont cover it). She plans to go back in the next few months, Is that a valid reason?
2011 ugly face of prejudice. Beauty

diptam
08-22 02:24 PM
Mar 05 is my live PD. I mean i had other PD's in past but they were substituted.
What is the Point aadimanav ?
What is ur PD, Diptam?
What is the Point aadimanav ?
What is ur PD, Diptam?
more...

kondur_007
09-29 11:05 AM
The way USCIS functions, I would rather see the movement of the dates back rather than forward...why?
This is the time when USCIS actually TRIES to follow FIFO: meaning tries to work on old cases. Last quarter is usually a mess and approval pattern goes to TB to BB (top of the box to bottom of the box).
So, It is a actually a good thing, if PD stays there or moves back; that will make USCIS work on approving older cases at this time.
It is also a good sign that DOS mentioned that "they are waiting from USCIS for pending numbers": that means, they actually asked for those!!!!!! AND USCIS is working on it (or atleast told them so). This has been the crux of all the visa number movements including random approvals. If this is sorted out somehow, it will be a great deal of improvement in implementing FIFO system to some extent. If USCIS gives that info to DOS, there will be someone (DOS) to ask USCIS: WHY DO YOU NEED TO MOVE PD FORWARD TO 2008 WHILE YOU HAVE SO MANY THOUSANDS OF CASES FROM 2000-2005 PENDING??
Unfortunately, they now will not have any excuses (with security check and name check moving towards "current": thanks to FBI), they WILL have to increase their efficiency in processing the cases!:)
This is the time when USCIS actually TRIES to follow FIFO: meaning tries to work on old cases. Last quarter is usually a mess and approval pattern goes to TB to BB (top of the box to bottom of the box).
So, It is a actually a good thing, if PD stays there or moves back; that will make USCIS work on approving older cases at this time.
It is also a good sign that DOS mentioned that "they are waiting from USCIS for pending numbers": that means, they actually asked for those!!!!!! AND USCIS is working on it (or atleast told them so). This has been the crux of all the visa number movements including random approvals. If this is sorted out somehow, it will be a great deal of improvement in implementing FIFO system to some extent. If USCIS gives that info to DOS, there will be someone (DOS) to ask USCIS: WHY DO YOU NEED TO MOVE PD FORWARD TO 2008 WHILE YOU HAVE SO MANY THOUSANDS OF CASES FROM 2000-2005 PENDING??
Unfortunately, they now will not have any excuses (with security check and name check moving towards "current": thanks to FBI), they WILL have to increase their efficiency in processing the cases!:)
sheela
09-12 09:14 PM
and why was it so early. those arseholes carnt even watch a calander right.
suppose to be on or around the 15th??? which would be friday???
your language stinks
suppose to be on or around the 15th??? which would be friday???
your language stinks
more...
Kodi
07-10 11:50 AM
USCIS is aware of it but they're not planning on keeping it.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=f4b3076eb0f93110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCR D
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=f4b3076eb0f93110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCR D
2010 eauty and east ugly face of
luckysiri
04-14 06:48 PM
Yesterday, I was told by the client that my project is going to end by this month end i.e Apr 30. Actually it was supposed to go for the next 2 years. They said the lay off was becoz of budget issues. I am working with the same client for the past 3 years. The lay off news was really shocking and devastating.
I am currently 9 months pregnant. As the client did that to me, I thought that atleast I might have some options with my current employer. My employer is a desi consultancy. I never been on Bench for single day for the Past 6 years ( Day 1 that I entered into US to till now).
When I spoke to my employer today he gave me a termination letter stating that my project end date will be my last date with them. It was more shocking. I will be on maternity leave anytime in month of may depending on the delivery. I don't see any possible options that any client can take me into project when I am in 9th month of pregnancy.
As my husband is doing consulting, I filed the green card thru this employer, 485 is pending more than 180 days, 140 approved in EB2 category. We paid all the attorney fees and filing fees from our pocket. We spent nearly $10,000 for the GC process. My husband was on bench for the past 2 months. He got a job on EAD which is going to start next week.
1. I see that my employer is terminating me immediately because he can avoid maternity expenses. I told him that I will take 3 months FMLA for unpaid maternity leave from Apr 30th. And look for the Job immediately after delivery and get into the Job. But still he is telling he won't provide me that time. Maintaining the status is very important for me as me and my husband depends on the EAD.
2.My medical insurance is with my employer, If I get laid off in this critical situation, I won't be having insurance. We can't afford the delivery expenses without insurance.
3. Even though my husband will get insurance with the new company, We are not sure that company will cover the pre-existing pregnancy that is in final stages.
4. And also not sure that the insurance will be under the network of OBG/YN and the hospital I registered for delivery. His job is in different state but he will find out the options once he starts his job next week.
5. Does anyone think that my employer is discriminating the law? He is terminating me immediately becoz I am pregnant.
I am not sure whether he is doing the right thing but the situation I am in is the worst situation I ever expected of. Its lot of stress on me and my baby. We are unable to sleep for hour with all the tensions ahead. My husband's job is dependent on my valid status. If something screw up we both be in very bad situation. I really don't want any one in my situation.
Please help me, if any one know any options where I can maintain my status during the pregnancy and maternity leave, Please tell me.
I am currently 9 months pregnant. As the client did that to me, I thought that atleast I might have some options with my current employer. My employer is a desi consultancy. I never been on Bench for single day for the Past 6 years ( Day 1 that I entered into US to till now).
When I spoke to my employer today he gave me a termination letter stating that my project end date will be my last date with them. It was more shocking. I will be on maternity leave anytime in month of may depending on the delivery. I don't see any possible options that any client can take me into project when I am in 9th month of pregnancy.
As my husband is doing consulting, I filed the green card thru this employer, 485 is pending more than 180 days, 140 approved in EB2 category. We paid all the attorney fees and filing fees from our pocket. We spent nearly $10,000 for the GC process. My husband was on bench for the past 2 months. He got a job on EAD which is going to start next week.
1. I see that my employer is terminating me immediately because he can avoid maternity expenses. I told him that I will take 3 months FMLA for unpaid maternity leave from Apr 30th. And look for the Job immediately after delivery and get into the Job. But still he is telling he won't provide me that time. Maintaining the status is very important for me as me and my husband depends on the EAD.
2.My medical insurance is with my employer, If I get laid off in this critical situation, I won't be having insurance. We can't afford the delivery expenses without insurance.
3. Even though my husband will get insurance with the new company, We are not sure that company will cover the pre-existing pregnancy that is in final stages.
4. And also not sure that the insurance will be under the network of OBG/YN and the hospital I registered for delivery. His job is in different state but he will find out the options once he starts his job next week.
5. Does anyone think that my employer is discriminating the law? He is terminating me immediately becoz I am pregnant.
I am not sure whether he is doing the right thing but the situation I am in is the worst situation I ever expected of. Its lot of stress on me and my baby. We are unable to sleep for hour with all the tensions ahead. My husband's job is dependent on my valid status. If something screw up we both be in very bad situation. I really don't want any one in my situation.
Please help me, if any one know any options where I can maintain my status during the pregnancy and maternity leave, Please tell me.
more...
hopefull
05-24 01:46 PM
The only way they will learn is like when Europe imposed heavy taxes on Orange Juice imported from Florida.
THese guys want us out and they want to make money in China & India by selling their products and killing the local domestic industries. SO MUCH FOR GLOBALISATION. ITS HYPOCRITICAL ..
I M SURE CHINA WONT OPEN ITS ECONOMY FOR US GOODS which is GOOD ..IF ONLY THERE WER EHONEST INDIAN POLITICANS AND THEY WOULD TAKE THE SAME RECOURSE. EVERYTHING WILL TURN OUT ALL RIGHT ..WHom will they sell to here in a saturated market and people already filling Chapter 11 and living on social security?????
CAN WE GET SURDY SURD MANU SINGH TO DO IT ??? hhmmthe ITALIAN SONIA WONT LET IT HAPPEN ..
THese guys want us out and they want to make money in China & India by selling their products and killing the local domestic industries. SO MUCH FOR GLOBALISATION. ITS HYPOCRITICAL ..
I M SURE CHINA WONT OPEN ITS ECONOMY FOR US GOODS which is GOOD ..IF ONLY THERE WER EHONEST INDIAN POLITICANS AND THEY WOULD TAKE THE SAME RECOURSE. EVERYTHING WILL TURN OUT ALL RIGHT ..WHom will they sell to here in a saturated market and people already filling Chapter 11 and living on social security?????
CAN WE GET SURDY SURD MANU SINGH TO DO IT ??? hhmmthe ITALIAN SONIA WONT LET IT HAPPEN ..
hair eauty and the east: ugly
iv_only_hope
08-15 04:58 PM
Friends I need an opinion regarding my wifes situation. She is currently on H4. She was on H1B before some time back which she had stamped in India itself. That H1B expired. She moved back to India. After 5 years now she applied for new H1B and got it in the quota. When the dates advanced we applied for her EAD. We were hoping to get it in 60-70 days. Now its been 75 days at TSC and no signs of approval. She had job offer based on EAD since we thought might as well use that. Now we are thinking she should get her H1B stamped because we dont know when her EAD will get approved. For that do you think going to Canada for stamping is safe. She has a Bachelors degree from India. Or do you think going to India only is thesafe option. Mainly I asked was I did some search and found out that its safest in Canada if you have US/Canadian Degree. Is that true or I am wrong and its safe for everyone. Thanks.
Amar
Amar
more...
gc_bucs
06-04 03:13 PM
We applied for our sons PIO card in NY in person and we notarized the photo copies to be safe.
Haha... Typo.... Anyways, any idea on my original question?
Haha... Typo.... Anyways, any idea on my original question?
hot eauty and east ugly face
kaella
11-04 11:20 AM
I know this is not releated with Immigration. If you dont want to answer, that is fine. Just ignore this.
I have money crunch in US. I have accumulated huge debt in my CC. In past I have sent some money to India, but now when I ask my parents to send it here, they tell it is not possible without losing 30%. This is what they heard from my bank. Any Idea on how to get money from India from my own account to which I have sent from here.
I am in the other way round,Last year i bought a house in india and i keep sending money to india as soon as i get my salary deposited everymonth. Lot of my friends are in the same boat,we send all our savings to india. I send not less than $3 k /month to india and can try to help you.
Let me know how much you are planning to get here ,so that i can think of it. We can work on a mutual benefit way, if you are interested.
I live in Louisville,KY.
I have money crunch in US. I have accumulated huge debt in my CC. In past I have sent some money to India, but now when I ask my parents to send it here, they tell it is not possible without losing 30%. This is what they heard from my bank. Any Idea on how to get money from India from my own account to which I have sent from here.
I am in the other way round,Last year i bought a house in india and i keep sending money to india as soon as i get my salary deposited everymonth. Lot of my friends are in the same boat,we send all our savings to india. I send not less than $3 k /month to india and can try to help you.
Let me know how much you are planning to get here ,so that i can think of it. We can work on a mutual benefit way, if you are interested.
I live in Louisville,KY.
more...
house “The Beauty amp; The Beast” of
gc_mania_03
11-08 10:07 AM
msgs like this help establish the notion that this is an indian website dedicated to indian immigration issues. I didnt see any post wishing happy Eid/ Eid Mubarak nor did I notice last year that anyone wished a Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays, nor do we wish our Chinese friends a Happy Chinese New Year.
Well said!!
We as IV members need to understand that this group represents groups from different nations and regions. Comments such as these that create a notion that this group represents particular group of immigrants, should be outright banned.
I have seen various instances of localized dialects being used by excited/frustrated IV members. A little bit of maturity and thought while posting on this forum would help us with our cause and harm us less.
-gc_mania_03
Well said!!
We as IV members need to understand that this group represents groups from different nations and regions. Comments such as these that create a notion that this group represents particular group of immigrants, should be outright banned.
I have seen various instances of localized dialects being used by excited/frustrated IV members. A little bit of maturity and thought while posting on this forum would help us with our cause and harm us less.
-gc_mania_03
tattoo eauty and east ugly face of
kevin08
03-26 03:23 PM
"Retrogression" is the word for the rest of the year for EB3 (I). Learn it, Leave it (eat it, sleep it, drink it - whichever way you want it).
How about Dec. 2000 EB3-I for incoming bulletin? Then "Retrogression at will" as we move forward for the rest of the year. Now don't ask me how because anything is possible with (fill in the blanks).
How about Dec. 2000 EB3-I for incoming bulletin? Then "Retrogression at will" as we move forward for the rest of the year. Now don't ask me how because anything is possible with (fill in the blanks).
more...
pictures Beauty and the Beast: The Ugly

walking_dude
03-18 11:40 AM
IV is open for suggestions. That doesn't mean every suggestion posted by every member will be accepted and implemented. Do you know any organization that implements all suggestions by it's 25,000 members? If you know one, please let me know!
There is an established process to make these suggestions
1) Become a verified member by completing your profile providing verifiable contact information. IV will never accept suggestions from members who don't trust it (enough to provide their contact info)
2) Join a state chapter. Become a member/leader. Or start a 'special interest group' like IV physicians if you have a unique situation which needs a different solution.
3) Initiate your suggested activity in your state chapter. By initiate, I don't mean just posting the suggestion here or over there. 'Initiate' means setting the agenda, date, venue etc. and calling the members, and motivating them to participate. If it succeeds in one chapter, other chapters will soon join you (my experience as a chapter leader)
4) Please understand that as an organization representing volunteers, any suggestion needs the approval of majority to be implemented. Only way to get that majority buy-in is to initiate it on a small scale, and then develop it into a success story. Once others see success, they'll (majority) be motivated to join and support.
5) Most importantly, we need members who can 'lead' these efforts. Without leadership these suggestions will never take off.
I can assure you that a verified member ready to initiate his suggestion, take a lead and own the implementation of his/her suggestion will never be discouraged by us. IV leadership will be more than happy to provide all necessary help [ phone numbers to call, E-mail addresses] etc. to help the endeavor.
So the basic question is - Do you have it in you? If you do, your suggestions are most welcome.
I think what is killing this movement is that core and senior members are not open to suggestions from other members. They seems to be saying, our words are gospel truth, any deviation is not allowed. And that is killing the motivation of ordinary members including me.
There is an established process to make these suggestions
1) Become a verified member by completing your profile providing verifiable contact information. IV will never accept suggestions from members who don't trust it (enough to provide their contact info)
2) Join a state chapter. Become a member/leader. Or start a 'special interest group' like IV physicians if you have a unique situation which needs a different solution.
3) Initiate your suggested activity in your state chapter. By initiate, I don't mean just posting the suggestion here or over there. 'Initiate' means setting the agenda, date, venue etc. and calling the members, and motivating them to participate. If it succeeds in one chapter, other chapters will soon join you (my experience as a chapter leader)
4) Please understand that as an organization representing volunteers, any suggestion needs the approval of majority to be implemented. Only way to get that majority buy-in is to initiate it on a small scale, and then develop it into a success story. Once others see success, they'll (majority) be motivated to join and support.
5) Most importantly, we need members who can 'lead' these efforts. Without leadership these suggestions will never take off.
I can assure you that a verified member ready to initiate his suggestion, take a lead and own the implementation of his/her suggestion will never be discouraged by us. IV leadership will be more than happy to provide all necessary help [ phone numbers to call, E-mail addresses] etc. to help the endeavor.
So the basic question is - Do you have it in you? If you do, your suggestions are most welcome.
I think what is killing this movement is that core and senior members are not open to suggestions from other members. They seems to be saying, our words are gospel truth, any deviation is not allowed. And that is killing the motivation of ordinary members including me.
dresses eauty and east ugly face of
gg_ny
10-11 10:22 AM
Thanks Pappu for posting it. I have been barred from creating threads ;-))
I have now PDFs (the articles in this coverage need subscription) for all of them. If someone educates me how to archive them on IV, I can do put them up. I got the pdfs via my institutional subscription. The articles are resourceful, and come with references for further research. The author, Woolridge, seems to be a good person to talk to. If someone wants the articles, email your personal email id and I will send pdfs later this evening.
-gg_ny
I have posted the article from the economist.
It is a great resource for anyone doing research or writing article on immigration.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=28073#post28073
thanks gg_ny for bringing it to my attention.
Pls post any discussion and related materials here.
Pls also mail the econmoist about IV and our cause so that they can print our letters in the next issue.
The address is
http://www.economist.com/help/DisplayHelp.cfm?folder=663392
================
Here is another article in 'science'
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=28077#post28077
pls send mails to the editor from
http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/feedback
====
As you can see from the Science article how difficult it will be to pass anything in the lameduck session. IV cannot do it alone without the help of all its members. Pls send mails to the editors of these magazines highlighting our issues and mentioning IV.
Pls post a confirmation on this thread that you have emailed the editor so that we know how many people sent emails. We need more participation from our members on such tasks in order to highlight our issues in the media. We find a lot of people posting messages about what we ought to be doing on the forum but only a handful actually do when we urge members to do. Any efforts to get attention from media to highlight our isues will be highly appreciated.
I have now PDFs (the articles in this coverage need subscription) for all of them. If someone educates me how to archive them on IV, I can do put them up. I got the pdfs via my institutional subscription. The articles are resourceful, and come with references for further research. The author, Woolridge, seems to be a good person to talk to. If someone wants the articles, email your personal email id and I will send pdfs later this evening.
-gg_ny
I have posted the article from the economist.
It is a great resource for anyone doing research or writing article on immigration.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=28073#post28073
thanks gg_ny for bringing it to my attention.
Pls post any discussion and related materials here.
Pls also mail the econmoist about IV and our cause so that they can print our letters in the next issue.
The address is
http://www.economist.com/help/DisplayHelp.cfm?folder=663392
================
Here is another article in 'science'
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=28077#post28077
pls send mails to the editor from
http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/feedback
====
As you can see from the Science article how difficult it will be to pass anything in the lameduck session. IV cannot do it alone without the help of all its members. Pls send mails to the editors of these magazines highlighting our issues and mentioning IV.
Pls post a confirmation on this thread that you have emailed the editor so that we know how many people sent emails. We need more participation from our members on such tasks in order to highlight our issues in the media. We find a lot of people posting messages about what we ought to be doing on the forum but only a handful actually do when we urge members to do. Any efforts to get attention from media to highlight our isues will be highly appreciated.
more...
makeup eauty and east ugly face of
dhirajs98
06-28 04:30 PM
As per online status "Your response received on June 15th and processing resumed". If it's pending for couple more days, As per the rule i should get my $1000 back. Will my I-140 then thrown back in the normal (non-PP) queue?
How long USCIS tool to update the status online to show your RFE response has been received? I sent the response for RFE on June 7th and there is update about the case at all. No online status update either. God knows what they are doing with it. They are suppose to complete the case in 15 qorking days after they receive it.
How long USCIS tool to update the status online to show your RFE response has been received? I sent the response for RFE on June 7th and there is update about the case at all. No online status update either. God knows what they are doing with it. They are suppose to complete the case in 15 qorking days after they receive it.
girlfriend eauty and east ugly face of
deardar
07-06 11:00 AM
Since attorney's office is filing my papers, will they buy the point of filing it IS SPITE OF, the USCIS issueing the statement Monday(JULY 2) morning ?
hairstyles ugly face of prejudice. Beauty
pd_recapturing
12-29 11:06 PM
Please ignore if it has already been posted. This article looks interesting considering the current economic and immigration situation
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123051100709638419.html
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123051100709638419.html
terriblething
06-12 01:28 PM
Some correction. 2 witness, one is a neighbour in another building. We live in 3rd floor, that woman live in 3rd floor on another building, there is one driveway between 2 building! Another witness is from leasing office staff, she claimed just near that area. That "help" is from that damn staff.
We only move to this apartment in 2 ~3 month, and both of us biz traveled lot, so don't think we bother neighbor much. And one of neighbor knew our miserable experience, he and his wife said would volunteer to support us in court if necessary.
Thanks!!!!!
YOu are right, it would be "STATE" Vs terriblething. I wonder, why the neighbour gave "false" statement of hearing "help!...."?
Terriblething, looks like you were not in good terms with your neighbours or must have pissed them off in one way or other.
GCCovet
We only move to this apartment in 2 ~3 month, and both of us biz traveled lot, so don't think we bother neighbor much. And one of neighbor knew our miserable experience, he and his wife said would volunteer to support us in court if necessary.
Thanks!!!!!
YOu are right, it would be "STATE" Vs terriblething. I wonder, why the neighbour gave "false" statement of hearing "help!...."?
Terriblething, looks like you were not in good terms with your neighbours or must have pissed them off in one way or other.
GCCovet
ramaonline
09-06 02:23 PM
We are planning to visit India in Nov 08 after three years. I would be using my AP to return after 4 weeks. My wife is planning to stay there for seven months and plans to return using AP. Based on what I see on this thread, seems like it would be very risky for my wife to use AP to re-enter after a seven month period.
I'm still working on H1B and my wife on H4 ( although she has an EAD, she doesnt work). We have H1B approval valid till March 09. My wife would be re-entering in June 09. I'm in the process of renewing my H1 and H4.
If my wife gets her H4 stamping then she can re-enter in June 09 using H4 visa. I plan to re-enter using AP in Nov 08.
I am also planning to consult my lawyer. Would this work out? Gurus, pls. help
No need to use AP to travel when you are in valid H1 status, and are continuing to work with the GC sponsoring employer. You can use the valid h1 stamp to reenter without any risk to the pending 485
Spouse can travel and reenter on H4 even if she has a valid AP provided that you maintain H1 status. Note that H4 is a derivative of H1 status. H4 status ends once EAD is used for work purposes. If the EAD is used for work, then it is safest to travel and re-enter on AP.
I'm still working on H1B and my wife on H4 ( although she has an EAD, she doesnt work). We have H1B approval valid till March 09. My wife would be re-entering in June 09. I'm in the process of renewing my H1 and H4.
If my wife gets her H4 stamping then she can re-enter in June 09 using H4 visa. I plan to re-enter using AP in Nov 08.
I am also planning to consult my lawyer. Would this work out? Gurus, pls. help
No need to use AP to travel when you are in valid H1 status, and are continuing to work with the GC sponsoring employer. You can use the valid h1 stamp to reenter without any risk to the pending 485
Spouse can travel and reenter on H4 even if she has a valid AP provided that you maintain H1 status. Note that H4 is a derivative of H1 status. H4 status ends once EAD is used for work purposes. If the EAD is used for work, then it is safest to travel and re-enter on AP.