Ann Ruben
04-17 02:21 PM
Under the US immigration system, non-US citizen applicants for admission to the US have the burden of proving to the CBP officer at the POE that they meet all of the requirements for admission in a particular visa category. The fact that USCIS has approved a petition or that a Consul has issued a visa is evidence of admissibility, but is not determinitive.
Thus, if a B-2 visitor is unable to prove that she is a bona fide visitor with plans to return abroad to an unrelinquished domicile, the CBP officer has the authority deny her entry. If the applicant has a visa (as opposed to applying to enter pursuant to the visa waiver program), she has the right to request a hearing before an Immigration Judge. However, she could be detained in immigration custody for several days or even weeks waiting for the hearing.
A similar problem would not arise for someone with a valid H-1 visa because H-1 visa holders are not required to have a home abroad to which they intend to return. However, there could be other reasons for an H-1 visa holder to be denied entry such as a minor criminal record or suspiscion of immigration or visa fraud.
Ann
Thus, if a B-2 visitor is unable to prove that she is a bona fide visitor with plans to return abroad to an unrelinquished domicile, the CBP officer has the authority deny her entry. If the applicant has a visa (as opposed to applying to enter pursuant to the visa waiver program), she has the right to request a hearing before an Immigration Judge. However, she could be detained in immigration custody for several days or even weeks waiting for the hearing.
A similar problem would not arise for someone with a valid H-1 visa because H-1 visa holders are not required to have a home abroad to which they intend to return. However, there could be other reasons for an H-1 visa holder to be denied entry such as a minor criminal record or suspiscion of immigration or visa fraud.
Ann
wallpaper girlfriend Show of jennifer
akhilmahajan
05-03 06:51 AM
Seems like a lot of people are waiting........
hopefully things will move fast...........
hopefully things will move fast...........

jk333
07-17 06:37 PM
I pledge to contribute $200 once I get the receipt notice
Why not now..instead of later?
Why not now..instead of later?
2011 Jennifer Lopez,Pitbull

sands_14
07-26 10:55 AM
i guess it wa
more...

dingudi
05-08 08:42 AM
I had all my records for vaccinations. But a friend of mine completed 3 vaccinations last july 2007. The civil surgeon put the dates for these on the form. For others the civil surgeon did the same thing , that he checked the "not appropriate age" but did not write anything like "child record not found" under the dates.He just left it blank. Also he checked the "eligible for waiver" in the field below. I am sure lot of cases are similar to yours.
I met with the Civil Surgeon who completed my I-693, today. It seems like USCIS did some mistake. He checked the sealed envelope and didn't understand why USCIS generated a RFE for this. We completed all our required vaccination back in June-July 07 when we did our medicals .
We did the 3 vaccination that are required , Td, MMR and Varicella. The Dr put the dates for these vaccination in the I 693 supplement form. For all other vaccine he put the 'child record not found' under the dates and checked under the column 'Not appropiate age'. I also checked that all other vaccine are not required since we crossed that age. USCIS has problem with the 'Child record not found' written under the dates. The Dr said that he has been filling this form in this manner for last 15 yrs and never had any problem with USCIS. This is the first time he is getting this kind of RFE. He said he will talk to the USCIS.
Its very difficult to get the records for those vaccination. Does anyone has any idea about how other Doctors handle this ?
With this situation I wanted to know what are the options we have ? Dr said that it might take one week to get the reply from them. Since there is time boundation to send the reply I m little worried what we can do about this.
Please suggest how we can handle the Medical RFE ?
I met with the Civil Surgeon who completed my I-693, today. It seems like USCIS did some mistake. He checked the sealed envelope and didn't understand why USCIS generated a RFE for this. We completed all our required vaccination back in June-July 07 when we did our medicals .
We did the 3 vaccination that are required , Td, MMR and Varicella. The Dr put the dates for these vaccination in the I 693 supplement form. For all other vaccine he put the 'child record not found' under the dates and checked under the column 'Not appropiate age'. I also checked that all other vaccine are not required since we crossed that age. USCIS has problem with the 'Child record not found' written under the dates. The Dr said that he has been filling this form in this manner for last 15 yrs and never had any problem with USCIS. This is the first time he is getting this kind of RFE. He said he will talk to the USCIS.
Its very difficult to get the records for those vaccination. Does anyone has any idea about how other Doctors handle this ?
With this situation I wanted to know what are the options we have ? Dr said that it might take one week to get the reply from them. Since there is time boundation to send the reply I m little worried what we can do about this.
Please suggest how we can handle the Medical RFE ?
gccovet
08-20 03:40 PM
@acecupid: Thanks for the response. For me it is Chicago consulate it will take 10-15 days.
which comes pretty close to my travel date. As you mentioned i do hope it will not be a problem.
Also today I talked to the Indian consulate in Chicago they told me I can travel without any problem. As long as the passport is valid even it is the last day of the validity I should be fine with the travel. There shouldn't be a problem with the immigration officers during travel based on that.
@kanakabyraju: Thanks for the advise. I might try that.
For a valid visa stamp you need a passport with six month validity. But I have not seen any where for traveling you need a six month validity. If you personally experienced any problem while traveling with less than six valid passport. please post your experience it will help me and others.
Thanks,
One note, at PoE, IO might grant I-94 only upto your passport validity date, Once you have new passport after coming back, you will have to contact your local CBP office to extend your I-94.
GCCovet
which comes pretty close to my travel date. As you mentioned i do hope it will not be a problem.
Also today I talked to the Indian consulate in Chicago they told me I can travel without any problem. As long as the passport is valid even it is the last day of the validity I should be fine with the travel. There shouldn't be a problem with the immigration officers during travel based on that.
@kanakabyraju: Thanks for the advise. I might try that.
For a valid visa stamp you need a passport with six month validity. But I have not seen any where for traveling you need a six month validity. If you personally experienced any problem while traveling with less than six valid passport. please post your experience it will help me and others.
Thanks,
One note, at PoE, IO might grant I-94 only upto your passport validity date, Once you have new passport after coming back, you will have to contact your local CBP office to extend your I-94.
GCCovet
more...
vandanaverdia
09-12 07:08 PM
23 members & growing...
Wake up Washingtonians & Oregonians....
Wake up Washingtonians & Oregonians....
2010 Artist : Jennifer Lopez
bmeduru11
02-18 11:43 AM
Hi all,
I started working with a company in July 2006 and applied for I-140 in Nov 2006 with an existing labor of Nov 2004. My company is in losses all the time but I am getting more than proffered wage since I joined. Recently I received Intent to deny notice as there is no evidence that company can pay my in 2005. My attorney has replied for Intent to Deny notice and also applied for new I -140 using my own labor.
New I-140 got approved. I send a request for Interfiling to take out old I-140 from my 485 and use the approved I-140. when I checked the status of my case yesterday - both my old I-40 and 485 got denied. I didn't receive Denial notice yet.
Please suggest my any options I have for not losing I-485 and EAD.
I started working with a company in July 2006 and applied for I-140 in Nov 2006 with an existing labor of Nov 2004. My company is in losses all the time but I am getting more than proffered wage since I joined. Recently I received Intent to deny notice as there is no evidence that company can pay my in 2005. My attorney has replied for Intent to Deny notice and also applied for new I -140 using my own labor.
New I-140 got approved. I send a request for Interfiling to take out old I-140 from my 485 and use the approved I-140. when I checked the status of my case yesterday - both my old I-40 and 485 got denied. I didn't receive Denial notice yet.
Please suggest my any options I have for not losing I-485 and EAD.
more...
SunnySurya
08-21 03:15 PM
Thanks, I gave you some green dots for your answers.
You asked about my age: I will be 40yrs old this December. I came here when I was 29.
Even though you wanted to file a lawsuit against EB3( I am EB3 2004, with US Masters and Indian Bachelors both in Computer Science) I will still go ahead give you some suggestions.
1) I am guessing since you are working for consulting company, you might have worked at client places here in US. Nowadays everyone is in the fashion of opening their own India office like Target, BOA etc. So if you have worked with these clients and have good references from a PM or VP then you might be able to get in India office fairly easily and with really good pay. You could try for managerial roles.
2)As someone suggested Real Estate is another option
3) Otherthing to look in to is opening a school, this will help serve the community and also make money for you. Schools in India are going nowhere, so very less risk.
Hope this helps you...but what I am not sure from your statements is, are you frustrated with the wait for GC or are you frustrated with making less than what you should be making or are you frustrated in general?
Do not know your age, could be mid life crisis :D think about it....take a vacation....
You asked about my age: I will be 40yrs old this December. I came here when I was 29.
Even though you wanted to file a lawsuit against EB3( I am EB3 2004, with US Masters and Indian Bachelors both in Computer Science) I will still go ahead give you some suggestions.
1) I am guessing since you are working for consulting company, you might have worked at client places here in US. Nowadays everyone is in the fashion of opening their own India office like Target, BOA etc. So if you have worked with these clients and have good references from a PM or VP then you might be able to get in India office fairly easily and with really good pay. You could try for managerial roles.
2)As someone suggested Real Estate is another option
3) Otherthing to look in to is opening a school, this will help serve the community and also make money for you. Schools in India are going nowhere, so very less risk.
Hope this helps you...but what I am not sure from your statements is, are you frustrated with the wait for GC or are you frustrated with making less than what you should be making or are you frustrated in general?
Do not know your age, could be mid life crisis :D think about it....take a vacation....
hair pitbull ft jennifer lopez

rkm
07-17 06:52 PM
Just made payment $100.00
Thank you
Thank you
more...
gc4me
04-23 10:13 AM
This email is useless as nowhere in the email the alien's name is mentioned.
In USCIS website you only have the option to add a case with the receipt number. They don't verify whether this case belongs to you or not.
If your company/attorney gives you a receipt # that belongs to another person�s I-140 application, still you will get this email.
The only option you have is to request for a copy of I-140 using G-639 form under FOIA.
If you subscribe on USCIS website you will get email indicating and saying like:
The following is the latest information on your case status
Receipt Number:XXXXXX (i maksed it to hide my info)
Application Type: I140 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER
Current Status:
This case has been approved. On June 12, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.
If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.
National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.
*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.
Sincerely,
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
In USCIS website you only have the option to add a case with the receipt number. They don't verify whether this case belongs to you or not.
If your company/attorney gives you a receipt # that belongs to another person�s I-140 application, still you will get this email.
The only option you have is to request for a copy of I-140 using G-639 form under FOIA.
If you subscribe on USCIS website you will get email indicating and saying like:
The following is the latest information on your case status
Receipt Number:XXXXXX (i maksed it to hide my info)
Application Type: I140 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER
Current Status:
This case has been approved. On June 12, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.
If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.
National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.
*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.
Sincerely,
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
hot Jennifer Lopez ft. Pitbull
vamsi_poondla
09-10 10:00 AM
I ordered the Golf Tee - United colors of IV just now with the 1 to 5 business day shipping option, the second option. As I am planning to drive down Monday evening - I am hopeful that I will get it by then.
I would still recommend that we bring a lot of shirts of various sizes to the rally. People will definitely buy them there.
I would love to order online. But starting from Tampa on Friday itself. Is it possible to offer some at DC. I will definitely buy it. (I am sure many will buy)
I would still recommend that we bring a lot of shirts of various sizes to the rally. People will definitely buy them there.
I would love to order online. But starting from Tampa on Friday itself. Is it possible to offer some at DC. I will definitely buy it. (I am sure many will buy)
more...
house On the Floor (feat. Pitbull)
franklin
06-22 04:12 PM
doesn't matter, they are all pretty much the same, and cost pretty much the same amount of money.
It is murphy's law that they will all look dreadful :)
It is murphy's law that they will all look dreadful :)
tattoo Jennifer Lopez Ft. Pitbull
Dhundhun
11-21 09:19 PM
You give all of them (stapled together preferably). Make copies of all of them and keep for future.
Maverick1, Thanks for correction.
Maverick1, Thanks for correction.
more...
pictures Jennifer Lopez ft. Pitbull
rameshraju11
11-01 06:03 PM
Hello,
since your H1b has not been rejected yet , you still can re-file H1b at the same time
call USCIS and request for additional time for RFE and send RFE documents for the
original H1B
tx
since your H1b has not been rejected yet , you still can re-file H1b at the same time
call USCIS and request for additional time for RFE and send RFE documents for the
original H1B
tx
dresses Jennifer Lopez: - On the floor
anoopraj2010
08-04 12:42 PM
Amit, Glad (yet sad due to the scenario) I have company :) Seems like you will eventually get a GC in 2 years when she becomes a citizen - mine will be 4 years.
Question for you is if you are ever grilled on POE due to AP for yourself and have you been ok traveling alone without the primary applicant? My wife has been putting off travel as she is totally confused on traveling as the immigration status is in a grey area as I am now on GC and she is not on a valid H4.
anoopraj2010
you have been waiting for just 1 year. My wife(primary applicant) got her GC exactly 3 years back while i could not be approved due to pending name check. Then the whole thing retrogressed. Have been renewing AP/EAD since then.I know couple of other people in same boat. I think this is more common than you think
Question for you is if you are ever grilled on POE due to AP for yourself and have you been ok traveling alone without the primary applicant? My wife has been putting off travel as she is totally confused on traveling as the immigration status is in a grey area as I am now on GC and she is not on a valid H4.
anoopraj2010
you have been waiting for just 1 year. My wife(primary applicant) got her GC exactly 3 years back while i could not be approved due to pending name check. Then the whole thing retrogressed. Have been renewing AP/EAD since then.I know couple of other people in same boat. I think this is more common than you think
more...
makeup Jennifer Lopez - Love (Deluxe
irrational
06-29 10:13 PM
My Wife and I were scheduled to have our fingerprints taken on July 7th and July 9th respectively. Today, we received a letter for my wife and the letter says "Appointment Canceled" "No need to appear at ASC".
The letter does not say if they are going to reschedule OR the reason for cancelling.
I am a July 2007 applicant and this is the first FP appts we have got.
Does anybody have this kind of experience before?
Do you think I should show up at the ASC on the previously scheduled date OR just wait for a new letter and date.
My case is in TSC.
Any comment is appreciated.
Thanks.
Bipin :mad:
The letter does not say if they are going to reschedule OR the reason for cancelling.
I am a July 2007 applicant and this is the first FP appts we have got.
Does anybody have this kind of experience before?
Do you think I should show up at the ASC on the previously scheduled date OR just wait for a new letter and date.
My case is in TSC.
Any comment is appreciated.
Thanks.
Bipin :mad:
girlfriend malaysia airport, Jennifer
friend99
08-12 12:08 AM
Thanks a lot for the replies! I am going to wait and see and hope for the best as I know sending any contradicting document at this point will just make matters worse.
Thanks a lot!
Thanks a lot!
hairstyles This snippet of a new song #39;On
smbaps
08-10 04:54 PM
how did you apply on june.The dates were not current as per May visa bulletin.This is strange man......
David C
July 27th, 2005, 10:14 PM
Gary,
I actually think the straight shot in this case is very nice in its own right!
Regarding the submissions so far: they all are good, and I don't know if I can add much, but I did have a bit of a go with the image (using the PSD you posted for Nick, as I don't have any RAW conversion capability here).
With those who have previously posted verions, I like the clarity of Josh's, and I think his probably has the best balance of 'sharpness' for this subject. However, I did feel his flower could have done with a bit more local contrast.
I think AjP and Freddy have got the contrast on the bloom the best so far. If I had to nitpick, I suppose I found AjP's leaves a bit bright for me, and Freddy's a bit dark (though the darkened leaves did set off the bloom very nicely!).
I went for background brightness about in the middle of these two versions (and thus I think ended up with a version fairly close to the one in your original post - though with somewhat less clipping on the highlight side).
For my go, my approach was similar to Josh's - with the addition of Levels:
(Input 1 0.95 241
Output 0 255)
with a saturation boost (about 25%, except for greens)
and a contrast mask (opacity about 50%).
Cheers,
DC
I actually think the straight shot in this case is very nice in its own right!
Regarding the submissions so far: they all are good, and I don't know if I can add much, but I did have a bit of a go with the image (using the PSD you posted for Nick, as I don't have any RAW conversion capability here).
With those who have previously posted verions, I like the clarity of Josh's, and I think his probably has the best balance of 'sharpness' for this subject. However, I did feel his flower could have done with a bit more local contrast.
I think AjP and Freddy have got the contrast on the bloom the best so far. If I had to nitpick, I suppose I found AjP's leaves a bit bright for me, and Freddy's a bit dark (though the darkened leaves did set off the bloom very nicely!).
I went for background brightness about in the middle of these two versions (and thus I think ended up with a version fairly close to the one in your original post - though with somewhat less clipping on the highlight side).
For my go, my approach was similar to Josh's - with the addition of Levels:
(Input 1 0.95 241
Output 0 255)
with a saturation boost (about 25%, except for greens)
and a contrast mask (opacity about 50%).
Cheers,
DC
Kevin Sadler
May 2nd, 2005, 07:50 AM
Nice shots, Anders. And you're right on track with your thinking about getting wheel spin to really enhance the photos mixed in with a combination of panning shots as well. There is something about wheel spin and motion that really adds to an image. Cox's pic is a great example and dan13 has some good ones in his gallery too. So the question is how much? Just enough is the answer. One of my buddies is a professional auto racing photographer. He's had mag covers and they fly him around to different tracks, even to Japan. So he's the real deal and very good and his published pans are flawless. But he says it's still trial and error and every track condition is different and it still takes a bunch to get a good one. Now he can get dialed in a lot quicker than most of us, but you get the point. Keep slowing it down until you get it. :) Hope that helps a little. Later, Kevin