ashwin_27
04-20 11:56 PM
those who were at the advocacy day saw the amount of behind the scenes efforts IV core and coalition partners are putting in. We are lucky to have folks who have a deep understanding of the politics in DC as well as public policy. So I am sure that from a lobbying and advocacy viewpoint with lawmakers in DC...the best is being done.
It is up to our members to meet with local lawmaker offices and push our/IV provisions so that the DC offices get pushed from the local offices as well and there is a more well rounded awareness/understanding of what we need.
It is not a question of whether lawmakers know what we need..it is a question of making enough noise and frequent noise so that our provisions are constantly on their mind.
Reading the article that a member posted a link for the other day...where there was mention of how thousands of FAIR and NumbersUSA members clogged DC lawmaker office phone lines against CIR when it was brought up in 2007, shows the reality of the situation and on the other hand how naive our EB community is.
I don't know if IV is already doing it...but we need to meet all these lawmakers who are considering immigration reform....get the details of the bills they are proposing....see what the common benefits are...and help them to converge toward a unified bill that will help all.
A difficult task ....but it needs to be done if we have to have any hope in passing some meaningful legislation.
It is up to our members to meet with local lawmaker offices and push our/IV provisions so that the DC offices get pushed from the local offices as well and there is a more well rounded awareness/understanding of what we need.
It is not a question of whether lawmakers know what we need..it is a question of making enough noise and frequent noise so that our provisions are constantly on their mind.
Reading the article that a member posted a link for the other day...where there was mention of how thousands of FAIR and NumbersUSA members clogged DC lawmaker office phone lines against CIR when it was brought up in 2007, shows the reality of the situation and on the other hand how naive our EB community is.
I don't know if IV is already doing it...but we need to meet all these lawmakers who are considering immigration reform....get the details of the bills they are proposing....see what the common benefits are...and help them to converge toward a unified bill that will help all.
A difficult task ....but it needs to be done if we have to have any hope in passing some meaningful legislation.
wallpaper 28 weeks: 29 weeks: 30 weeks:
.jpg)
ags123
04-07 08:01 PM
Thanks just4gc for giving me the coveted vdlrao post. I must say the ages spent analysing Visa bulletins statistics and congressional testimonials of Charles Oppenhiem have finally borne fruit ;).
I guess Illusions beat me to the prediction. I must confess I havent spent a lot of time looking at Eb3 ROW. But even then I was surprised when it stayed at May 05 for as long as it did. The Backlog Reduction Centre stuck labor, the horizontal spillover, the Eb2 India backlog are few factors for why I was surprised.
I would say dont lose hope on Eb3 ROW, but until Eb2 India backlog stays it will be slow movement except as illusions pointed out in july 09. Last VB mentioned 60% of the demand recieved is before jan 2004. Thats pointing to the older BRC cases which are now seeing the end of the tunnel. fingers crossed.
I guess Illusions beat me to the prediction. I must confess I havent spent a lot of time looking at Eb3 ROW. But even then I was surprised when it stayed at May 05 for as long as it did. The Backlog Reduction Centre stuck labor, the horizontal spillover, the Eb2 India backlog are few factors for why I was surprised.
I would say dont lose hope on Eb3 ROW, but until Eb2 India backlog stays it will be slow movement except as illusions pointed out in july 09. Last VB mentioned 60% of the demand recieved is before jan 2004. Thats pointing to the older BRC cases which are now seeing the end of the tunnel. fingers crossed.
suresh.emails
12-11 08:04 PM
The following are various ways to express some one�s dissatisfaction/agony and draw some one else (Government/Media/Public) attention.
1. Daily Fasting : One or more people would sit for fasting from 6 AM to 6 PM. One group would pass on the fire to next group.
2. Continuous Fasting : One or more people would sit for fasting 24 hours a day. Such people should not have health issues like Blood Pressure, Gastric Trouble, Sugar, insulin deficiency, Heart relates issues. This may cuase arrest.
3. Protesting : Conduct a rally with group/mass of people with immigration ply cards and banners.
4. Wearing Black Ribbons : People would wear/put a small black ribbon on their shirt pockets (Upper left side of the chest) and attend duties. We can draw people attentions. Such ribbon should have white color immigration slogan printed on it.
5. Distributing Flyers : Distributing Flyers/Handouts to people in respective areas.
6. Banners : Display banner/show outs in the Traffic Island Medians
7. Flower Campaign : Sending Flowers to respective people, also called Gandhi giri.
8. Silent Sitting : Sitting in front of USCIS silently (no talk).
9. Silent sitting in front of Senators house: Group of people should sit (kind of protest) in front of respective state senators. We can draw maximum MEDIA attention.
10. Sweeping Roads : A group of people would sweep roads by wearing immigration slogans jackets.
11. Organize Blood Donate Drives : Interested member would donate blood (We should explain to media, why we are doing so).
12. Rally in All Major Cities : Conduct a rally in all Major cities (where we have at least 100 members) at the same time.
We still have various other ways to express our dissatisfaction, however, they are little rude and could cause more issues.
We should choose couple of ways from above to express our dissatisfaction. Members, feel free to add and delete from above list.
P.S: We need prior permission from local authorities
Looks like we have to some thing big at this Christmas season.
1. Daily Fasting : One or more people would sit for fasting from 6 AM to 6 PM. One group would pass on the fire to next group.
2. Continuous Fasting : One or more people would sit for fasting 24 hours a day. Such people should not have health issues like Blood Pressure, Gastric Trouble, Sugar, insulin deficiency, Heart relates issues. This may cuase arrest.
3. Protesting : Conduct a rally with group/mass of people with immigration ply cards and banners.
4. Wearing Black Ribbons : People would wear/put a small black ribbon on their shirt pockets (Upper left side of the chest) and attend duties. We can draw people attentions. Such ribbon should have white color immigration slogan printed on it.
5. Distributing Flyers : Distributing Flyers/Handouts to people in respective areas.
6. Banners : Display banner/show outs in the Traffic Island Medians
7. Flower Campaign : Sending Flowers to respective people, also called Gandhi giri.
8. Silent Sitting : Sitting in front of USCIS silently (no talk).
9. Silent sitting in front of Senators house: Group of people should sit (kind of protest) in front of respective state senators. We can draw maximum MEDIA attention.
10. Sweeping Roads : A group of people would sweep roads by wearing immigration slogans jackets.
11. Organize Blood Donate Drives : Interested member would donate blood (We should explain to media, why we are doing so).
12. Rally in All Major Cities : Conduct a rally in all Major cities (where we have at least 100 members) at the same time.
We still have various other ways to express our dissatisfaction, however, they are little rude and could cause more issues.
We should choose couple of ways from above to express our dissatisfaction. Members, feel free to add and delete from above list.
P.S: We need prior permission from local authorities
Looks like we have to some thing big at this Christmas season.
2011 almost 28 weeks pregnant
.jpg)
peyton sawyer
07-23 02:20 AM
hi chisinau,or anyone..
Hi chisinau..
It's destiny that I came across your posting.. like you, I am an RN waiting for the DS230 approval also since Oct.2006.. believe it or not ,I was also informed by the NVC to resubmit a new DS230 because the previous one I submitted last year was already outdated. Now, I sent them the updated DS230 last June 27,2007.
I really want to ask if in your opinion, or if you have some positive information regarding this…do we still have a chance of receiving an embassy interview and medical exam schedule before October 2007?
I would really appreciate a response.. thank you
Hi chisinau..
It's destiny that I came across your posting.. like you, I am an RN waiting for the DS230 approval also since Oct.2006.. believe it or not ,I was also informed by the NVC to resubmit a new DS230 because the previous one I submitted last year was already outdated. Now, I sent them the updated DS230 last June 27,2007.
I really want to ask if in your opinion, or if you have some positive information regarding this…do we still have a chance of receiving an embassy interview and medical exam schedule before October 2007?
I would really appreciate a response.. thank you
more...
indyanguy
01-22 10:10 AM
So, if there are 400k pending applications and recapture can get us 215K, has anyone done some analysis on how the 215k will be divided among countries and categories?
Will this make EB2I current and EB3 I beyond say 2005?
Will this make EB2I current and EB3 I beyond say 2005?
PresidentO
04-02 12:17 PM
So here come the thing. Thats why i asked in my original post is IV just for people who have applied for Green card ? I wanted to know if they could address these issues as well . Regarding inability to work and self esteem , just stay in home for few days and then feel how much you loose. Man , its 21st century and ability to work is basic right.
First of all, IV is a grass roots org. I guess I dont need to tell what grass roots is. That means every one has to be a foot soldier in an effort. I understand that your problem is not the same as majority of the members here have. Thanks to IV on the VB fiasco. IV is not a share holder company that will give you results every Q. If you want accountability, you can find how the money is being spent. I guess some one posted it here very recently. Its publicly available on the net.
Based on my understanding, I can easily tell that IV has more than a full plate and neither funds nor grass roots efforts (there are few people who do the actual work. there are a lot who ask whether IV will do this or that. I guess they think every one else does the work than themselves) to push for H4's ability to work.
Oh wait a sec! While I have no issues with it, there will be a severe backlash on adding new workers. Again this is not my view. what you will get to hear if you go on the hill. Such provisions can be pushed when the economy is better and on a bigger vehicle such as CIR. In these times, just try not to get hit by Grassley & Durbin who will impose restrictions on the SC company you are working for. Imagine that!
While I agree that inability to work is a bad thing, I respectfully disagree that it causes a loss of self esteem. It results in a loss of self esteem when you have the opportunity to work, but you become a couch potato eating cheese curls and watching who wants to be a millionaire. You are encumbered by a stupid visa rule but not physically/legally encumbered to break out of it.
Obviously there are other things that are balancing or overpowering your spouse's inability to work, other wise you would be in Singapore or Canada or UKor where ever spouses are allowed to work.
First of all, IV is a grass roots org. I guess I dont need to tell what grass roots is. That means every one has to be a foot soldier in an effort. I understand that your problem is not the same as majority of the members here have. Thanks to IV on the VB fiasco. IV is not a share holder company that will give you results every Q. If you want accountability, you can find how the money is being spent. I guess some one posted it here very recently. Its publicly available on the net.
Based on my understanding, I can easily tell that IV has more than a full plate and neither funds nor grass roots efforts (there are few people who do the actual work. there are a lot who ask whether IV will do this or that. I guess they think every one else does the work than themselves) to push for H4's ability to work.
Oh wait a sec! While I have no issues with it, there will be a severe backlash on adding new workers. Again this is not my view. what you will get to hear if you go on the hill. Such provisions can be pushed when the economy is better and on a bigger vehicle such as CIR. In these times, just try not to get hit by Grassley & Durbin who will impose restrictions on the SC company you are working for. Imagine that!
While I agree that inability to work is a bad thing, I respectfully disagree that it causes a loss of self esteem. It results in a loss of self esteem when you have the opportunity to work, but you become a couch potato eating cheese curls and watching who wants to be a millionaire. You are encumbered by a stupid visa rule but not physically/legally encumbered to break out of it.
Obviously there are other things that are balancing or overpowering your spouse's inability to work, other wise you would be in Singapore or Canada or UKor where ever spouses are allowed to work.
more...
H1b Guy
11-14 10:28 PM
But the thing is how i am gonna prove that i am paying money every month $500 for my H1. In my Pay stub they are saying "CASH ADVANCE DEDUCTION" = $500
2010 28 weeks pregnant belly
lotres
11-09 07:18 AM
I respect all the holidays and I would like to celebrate with you guys, but what is the meaning of Diwali?
more...
priderock
06-18 03:34 PM
I totally agree..
If to get EAD and AP going to take more then year then what is advantage of VB becoming current?
At least you can get EAD in a YEAR as against Don't know.
Can use AC21 after 180 days.
You are in a queue instead of outside the gate , hoping to get in to the queue.
But I think they must (and probably will) do some thing do clear EADs sooner then a year.
If to get EAD and AP going to take more then year then what is advantage of VB becoming current?
At least you can get EAD in a YEAR as against Don't know.
Can use AC21 after 180 days.
You are in a queue instead of outside the gate , hoping to get in to the queue.
But I think they must (and probably will) do some thing do clear EADs sooner then a year.
hair If im 28 weeks pregnant
Caliber
04-03 12:11 PM
<<bump>>
more...
luckysiri
04-14 09:03 PM
Thanks you all for the responses and help. We are searching for employers who can help me out in the situation. Most of them are thinking twice bcoz I am pregnant and have to take maternity leave within a 2- 3 weeks.
Which will be the good option for me in this situation H1 transfer or EAD? I have EAD in hand, but never used. I like to maintain the status of H1-B as long as time permits. My husband is going to get health information next week once he joined in the job.
Which will be the good option for me in this situation H1 transfer or EAD? I have EAD in hand, but never used. I like to maintain the status of H1-B as long as time permits. My husband is going to get health information next week once he joined in the job.
hot womb at 36 weeks pregnant

shreekhand
08-16 03:14 PM
Yes, perhaps people don't post these type of investigations. If you have heard any N-400 issues (from your corporate position) about someone caused by leaving the petitioning employer soon after GC then let us know, otherwise it is one of the rarest of rare issues. My attorney clearly mentioned to me that he has seen no such issues in his long career when someone left the employer soon after.
Coming back to the AC21...if someone changes to a similar job after 180+ days after filing I-485 and informs USCIS of it and then gets a GC, there is no question of any wrongdoing. If USCIS wants to do their audit investigations I wouldn't care an iota about their investigations as long as I have the right paperwork with me.
Secondly in a non-AC21 case even if one leaves the job of the petitioning company immedaitely how does the intent become questionable when the person is working for the same company for several (5+) years. On the contrary it would be easy to prove the intent here.
I'm just curious as to how many postings you see on these boards where a persons case has been denied; DOL/USCIS has visited their home; their visa got cancelled by consultate when h-4 went for stamping; got caught in interview lying; DOL investigating companies, etc...
People do not post these types of issues on immigration forums.
Coming back to the AC21...if someone changes to a similar job after 180+ days after filing I-485 and informs USCIS of it and then gets a GC, there is no question of any wrongdoing. If USCIS wants to do their audit investigations I wouldn't care an iota about their investigations as long as I have the right paperwork with me.
Secondly in a non-AC21 case even if one leaves the job of the petitioning company immedaitely how does the intent become questionable when the person is working for the same company for several (5+) years. On the contrary it would be easy to prove the intent here.
I'm just curious as to how many postings you see on these boards where a persons case has been denied; DOL/USCIS has visited their home; their visa got cancelled by consultate when h-4 went for stamping; got caught in interview lying; DOL investigating companies, etc...
People do not post these types of issues on immigration forums.
more...
house Baby#39;s Face at 28 Weeks Via
Legal
06-12 02:00 PM
This is my thought process (also referred by Ron G):
July 2007 brought in approximately 500K 485 cases.
We do not know how many cases were pending as of June 2007.
Fiscal year 2007-2008 USCIS used over 140K EB VISA numbers (I think it was around 155K).
Fiscal year 2008-2009 USCIS will use atleast 140K EB VISA numbers
so, 500K - 300K = 200K.
Assuming USICS approval rate is 85%; 75K of 500K are denied.
200K - 75K = 125K EB cases pending from the July 2007 cases.
Additions: from all current categories - may be 25 K in 2 years?
So, 150 K plus whatever that was pending as of June 2007.
So next fiscal year, 2009 if USCIS uses the quota 140 K, most or all of the 2007 filings will be cleared. If not EB3 I, definitely EB2 I and C, EB3 ROW will be cleared.
Depending on new filings, EB3 I might retrogress but retrogression might come within 3-4 years instead of current 8 years.
I strongly believe, beginning Jan 2010, dates for EB2 (I and C) will move forward heaps and bounds followed by EB3 ROW.
"Law is an ass".
One potential loophole (I realize it could be wishful thinking on our part) is how the current law is interpreted. Let's say USCIS interprets the current law in such way that preadjudcated cases have to be approved before taking in new cases, then the country cap hurdle could be overcome without legislation.
With the current economic situation, tightening of PERM, etc new EB-2 row applications are likely to slow down further. At the most, new approvals will have to be delayed by 12 months or less.
Could it be legally challenged? Could someone bring a lawsuit to force USCIS to stop issuing GCs to people who have been waiting 10+ yrs or more? possible. I doubt anyone can force them to cancel the already issued GCs.
Then USCIS could say they have enough preadjudicated cases, and are not able to adjudicate until they clear the backlog.;)
For the politicians and USCIS this is a much better way to handle India EB backlog than to "issue several hudred thousands of foreign laborers immigrant visas when American citizens are losing jobs in millions" through recapture bill.
I feel like I just wrote a short story.:)
Members, feel free to comment.
July 2007 brought in approximately 500K 485 cases.
We do not know how many cases were pending as of June 2007.
Fiscal year 2007-2008 USCIS used over 140K EB VISA numbers (I think it was around 155K).
Fiscal year 2008-2009 USCIS will use atleast 140K EB VISA numbers
so, 500K - 300K = 200K.
Assuming USICS approval rate is 85%; 75K of 500K are denied.
200K - 75K = 125K EB cases pending from the July 2007 cases.
Additions: from all current categories - may be 25 K in 2 years?
So, 150 K plus whatever that was pending as of June 2007.
So next fiscal year, 2009 if USCIS uses the quota 140 K, most or all of the 2007 filings will be cleared. If not EB3 I, definitely EB2 I and C, EB3 ROW will be cleared.
Depending on new filings, EB3 I might retrogress but retrogression might come within 3-4 years instead of current 8 years.
I strongly believe, beginning Jan 2010, dates for EB2 (I and C) will move forward heaps and bounds followed by EB3 ROW.
"Law is an ass".
One potential loophole (I realize it could be wishful thinking on our part) is how the current law is interpreted. Let's say USCIS interprets the current law in such way that preadjudcated cases have to be approved before taking in new cases, then the country cap hurdle could be overcome without legislation.
With the current economic situation, tightening of PERM, etc new EB-2 row applications are likely to slow down further. At the most, new approvals will have to be delayed by 12 months or less.
Could it be legally challenged? Could someone bring a lawsuit to force USCIS to stop issuing GCs to people who have been waiting 10+ yrs or more? possible. I doubt anyone can force them to cancel the already issued GCs.
Then USCIS could say they have enough preadjudicated cases, and are not able to adjudicate until they clear the backlog.;)
For the politicians and USCIS this is a much better way to handle India EB backlog than to "issue several hudred thousands of foreign laborers immigrant visas when American citizens are losing jobs in millions" through recapture bill.
I feel like I just wrote a short story.:)
Members, feel free to comment.
tattoo 28 Weeks Pregnant: The State
Macaca
06-17 07:27 AM
FBI Name Check Cited In Naturalization Delays - Official Calls Backlog 'Unacceptable' By Spencer S. Hsu and N.C. Aizenman Washington Post Staff Writers, June 17, 2007: part 1 (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=85213&postcount=365), part 2 (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=85214&postcount=366)
more...
pictures 9 weeks amp; 3 days pregnant
nixstor
07-14 03:17 PM
Dear Nixtor, we should not question that when they do not have IV on their site and they do not cut us any checks. It is their site and they can architect it the way they can. Yes, the Indian Express misquoted Robinderi or may be it was a misrepresentation, we would never know but the good thing is that he has acknowledged the discrepancy. That is where it ends. Robinder has been a very highly regarded ananlyst and a commentator of indo-us relationship. We needs friends with him and not make enemies. It is a different thing that he is associated with USINPAC and we do not agree with their agenda, approach or the way they misrepresent themselves to be the representatives of Indo community in USA. We have about 2.5 million Indians in USA of which about more than half a million are stuck in this green card mess. Any organization that claims to be a representative of Indian community should have this Green Card reform as a very top priority in their agenda, but it was extremely disappointing for the people fighting for this cause when they approached some of these organizations who could provide just lip service and press releases from their chambers and project that they are on the top of the issue and working hard to get the work done. IV has filled this void for a true grass roots level organization with a huge membership base which is truely global,not just Indian and working in an extremely organzied fashion. I am sure that many of the the organizations envy the way we have built the membership base ( we are not a paid membership org) and have individuals roll up their sleeves, go to the fields across the country and work for this noble cause unlike others who are limited to doing press releases, photo opportunities and advertizing to promote them selves.
At the end, time will tell if Immigration Voice would be successful in the agenda it has enbarked on, but what ever the final result be, our efforts would be analyzed for years to come by the ethnic, minority and national groups as to how to unleash the power of the Internet to build and run a grass root level oranization. Can you imagine how it would have been if Internet were available at the time of Mahatma Gandhi? I am sure Robinder has been thinking and analyzing that and we would welcome his analysis.
Peace..!
eager2ri,
I am neither questioning any one nor asking any one to have us on their website. If any org all of a sudden starts giving us more credibility or negative publicity ( I am not referring to USINPAC here, So do not mis construe my point again) I will definitely take a moment to retrospect and see if there was a common goal. If there was a common goal indeed, why we have not worked together? I just pointed out the feelings some people on this side of aisle share. I threw them out there, while others chose not to. I just looked around and why any one is supporting now and not before. Hey, Never late than now. I, personally am more than willing to know why the American Indian Citizen community has always ignored this heavy weight issue, especially when the drums beat heavily on how to retain the culture.
At the end, time will tell if Immigration Voice would be successful in the agenda it has enbarked on, but what ever the final result be, our efforts would be analyzed for years to come by the ethnic, minority and national groups as to how to unleash the power of the Internet to build and run a grass root level oranization. Can you imagine how it would have been if Internet were available at the time of Mahatma Gandhi? I am sure Robinder has been thinking and analyzing that and we would welcome his analysis.
Peace..!
eager2ri,
I am neither questioning any one nor asking any one to have us on their website. If any org all of a sudden starts giving us more credibility or negative publicity ( I am not referring to USINPAC here, So do not mis construe my point again) I will definitely take a moment to retrospect and see if there was a common goal. If there was a common goal indeed, why we have not worked together? I just pointed out the feelings some people on this side of aisle share. I threw them out there, while others chose not to. I just looked around and why any one is supporting now and not before. Hey, Never late than now. I, personally am more than willing to know why the American Indian Citizen community has always ignored this heavy weight issue, especially when the drums beat heavily on how to retain the culture.
dresses I#39;m 28 weeks pregnant!
ragz4u
04-03 10:47 AM
We are working really hard to get our amendments in. Please understand, we are not doing this for fun. We are into this just like you for our green cards. It would really help if we get support instead of having to answer the same questions over and over
To emphasize again
We are trying to get our amendments in the bill. It is not an easy task considering that the senators have achieved a fine balance behind the doors and are unwilling to be the ones to break it. But again, we are going full steam with this as it means as much to us as to you. And remember, we are a voluntary non-profit organization. Before you start doubting anyone here, remember, there is no gain for us doing this.
To emphasize again
We are trying to get our amendments in the bill. It is not an easy task considering that the senators have achieved a fine balance behind the doors and are unwilling to be the ones to break it. But again, we are going full steam with this as it means as much to us as to you. And remember, we are a voluntary non-profit organization. Before you start doubting anyone here, remember, there is no gain for us doing this.
more...
makeup 28 weeks later - Theme 3 (End
chanduv23
10-08 07:36 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
girlfriend 28 Weeks Pregnant!
drona
10-05 07:07 PM
I have sent another email to the editor. Although they have provided an "Amplification" section under this article that says that the item wasn’t intended to imply high-skilled workers are illegal immigrants, the paragraph in which they report the poll result on illegal immigration went under the bold heading "High-Tech Employers". They should either correct this paragraph to exclude any mention of illegal immigration or change the bold heading to a more appropriate general heading on immigration issues.
To their credit, the editor has added a comment for further reading on the legal limbo faced by foreign-born scientists from a page one story written last year.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB115135331760891063.html
To their credit, the editor has added a comment for further reading on the legal limbo faced by foreign-born scientists from a page one story written last year.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB115135331760891063.html
hairstyles was 22 weeks pregnant
![is 28 weeks pregnant.] 28 weeks pregnant. is 28 weeks pregnant.]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgTyBeeT7anCQg1xk1ZRunFWAAJ5spvTMl8_bbRF9Xp8PwQkfvwtqSYNbiDH0g6s3GghL52sOaRlqpoTzp3FojiSIZQiQiH9oqeRxLtikRJ9oWPV_GSTjt8SbeaLa-9VBwhv5GtSPHByg8/s1600/us28weeks.jpg)
seekerofpeace
04-14 08:32 PM
In the state of Mass delivery is covered by the State provided you show you don't have insurance. Millions of single moms are delivering and many are teenagers and many are w/o any insurance. Delivery is considered an emergency and you will be covered. Keep your spirits up and bear the storm.....it always gets darkest before you see light again.
All the best
SoP
All the best
SoP
Amma
09-22 04:11 PM
Called all, irrespective of support for this bill.
In Tamil, there is a proverb.
" Try to move the mountain by hair. If it succeeds , we moved the mountain.
If not , only .... ".
Keep calling friends. Just throw the stones. Don't worry about the results.
In Tamil, there is a proverb.
" Try to move the mountain by hair. If it succeeds , we moved the mountain.
If not , only .... ".
Keep calling friends. Just throw the stones. Don't worry about the results.
bkarnik
11-02 02:24 PM
Thank you very much for all the response. I waited for responses from different places so I could determnine if it is a Nationwide policy as what the Colorado was saying.
I am from Colorado and I think Colorado is one of the strickest states in the US whatever.
It looks like from responses that only Colorado has so far adhered to this new policy.
I have 4 friends who currently cannot drive because their licenses have expired and they are waiting for MVI's (Motor Vehicle Investigative Unit) letter. Until such letter is issued, you cannot renew your license (in Colorado). According to MVI Here, it will take to 5-7 days, but if there is a problem, it will take up to 9 weeks.
Really rediculous procedure and I agree with everyone.
Just in case anyone there is in the same predicament, please share your story and the resolution.
What we are seeing here is the uneven implementation of the REAL ID act passed by Congress last year. The act gives upto December 2006 or March 2008 (I am not sure which) for all states to have an uniform process in issuing DLs. Essentially, what it means that once the act is fully in place, no one, be it an American citizen or a immigrant can get a DL on the spot. They will take your SS no and other documents (i am not sure about what they actually require) and run it against the USCIS database to confirm your legality. It might take upto a week or a month to get your permit in the mail. The act also puts a limit on the maximum validity of a DL which cannot be more than the date on your visa. In the meantime, I guess they will be issuing you with a paper permit allowing you to drive. It all sounds nice and hunky dory to read but the problems are numerous. First off, the entire onus of funding this federal mandate is put on the States. Many states have already lodged their protests against this requirement as it will mean them having to increase the fees significantly. Secondly, the act assumes that the SS database and the USCIS database is up to date and has no flaws. Thirdly, it assumes that the chcks against the databases will have a fairly quick turnaround time. We all know how laughable these assumptions are (FBI FP check victims will appreciate this).
The REAL ID act is another of those great ideas that have been rammed down the throats of the American public without suffficient debate similar to the HR 6061 that was passed by the house leading to the whole CIR fiasco.
Hopefully, as time goes by saner minds will prevail and the act will either be repelled or modified to make it easier for genuine people to get the DL quickly. In the meantime, get prepared to face another bureaucratic and government created retrogression :(
I am from Colorado and I think Colorado is one of the strickest states in the US whatever.
It looks like from responses that only Colorado has so far adhered to this new policy.
I have 4 friends who currently cannot drive because their licenses have expired and they are waiting for MVI's (Motor Vehicle Investigative Unit) letter. Until such letter is issued, you cannot renew your license (in Colorado). According to MVI Here, it will take to 5-7 days, but if there is a problem, it will take up to 9 weeks.
Really rediculous procedure and I agree with everyone.
Just in case anyone there is in the same predicament, please share your story and the resolution.
What we are seeing here is the uneven implementation of the REAL ID act passed by Congress last year. The act gives upto December 2006 or March 2008 (I am not sure which) for all states to have an uniform process in issuing DLs. Essentially, what it means that once the act is fully in place, no one, be it an American citizen or a immigrant can get a DL on the spot. They will take your SS no and other documents (i am not sure about what they actually require) and run it against the USCIS database to confirm your legality. It might take upto a week or a month to get your permit in the mail. The act also puts a limit on the maximum validity of a DL which cannot be more than the date on your visa. In the meantime, I guess they will be issuing you with a paper permit allowing you to drive. It all sounds nice and hunky dory to read but the problems are numerous. First off, the entire onus of funding this federal mandate is put on the States. Many states have already lodged their protests against this requirement as it will mean them having to increase the fees significantly. Secondly, the act assumes that the SS database and the USCIS database is up to date and has no flaws. Thirdly, it assumes that the chcks against the databases will have a fairly quick turnaround time. We all know how laughable these assumptions are (FBI FP check victims will appreciate this).
The REAL ID act is another of those great ideas that have been rammed down the throats of the American public without suffficient debate similar to the HR 6061 that was passed by the house leading to the whole CIR fiasco.
Hopefully, as time goes by saner minds will prevail and the act will either be repelled or modified to make it easier for genuine people to get the DL quickly. In the meantime, get prepared to face another bureaucratic and government created retrogression :(