gcformeornot
12-31 01:23 PM
vote
wallpaper girl from jersey shore
cooldude0807
06-01 05:10 PM
I recd an RFE too even though i filed AC21 in feb. My lawyer sent the required docs & from May26th there has been a soft LUD everyday...the status says "Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed". Also there is no RFE on my wife's case.
gcwanter
06-27 08:38 AM
If i am on H1 and am the prinicipal applicant ; what is my A# number?
Is it the number on I94?
assume I140 is pending
Is it the number on I94?
assume I140 is pending
2011 Photo: Sammi and Ronnie,
kondur_007
09-24 12:06 PM
All they said was that you do not have enough ties in India and you will work there.
It sounds very lame to me.
It looks like sec 214 (b) denial. This is purely at descretion of consulate. No one can say "consulate is wrong" in this case. To my eyes, only option is to get here here on H4 and then apply for change of status to F1 (with the help of a good lawyer since the case is somewhat convoluted now).
I am not quite certain about other options of continuing to study on H4 (which may exist), but definitely OPT option will only be available with F1.
Good Luck.
It sounds very lame to me.
It looks like sec 214 (b) denial. This is purely at descretion of consulate. No one can say "consulate is wrong" in this case. To my eyes, only option is to get here here on H4 and then apply for change of status to F1 (with the help of a good lawyer since the case is somewhat convoluted now).
I am not quite certain about other options of continuing to study on H4 (which may exist), but definitely OPT option will only be available with F1.
Good Luck.
more...
prdgl
02-10 09:43 PM
Hi,
I am with employer A (he is good except that he doesn't like me talking to the attorney directly about GC process. I have to go through him for every single details and he is busy usually so contacting him is also a bit pain. Because of this my process is getting delayed sometimes).
Having said this, I joined this employer A in 2004 after I graduated and i am with him for 2.5 yrs since then. Now I am starting my GC process and I cannot show this 2.5 yrs of experience to my LC process (which is logical). On the other hand, I found another employer B who is willing to process my GC with one of the top attorneys.
So if i switch now, I will
1. Be able to apply for EB2 (MS + 2.5yrs + 1 yrs(before MS) = MS + 3.5yrs)
2. I get a very good attorney to file my GC
3. I will be able to have a direct conversation with the attorney (employer said its between me and the attorney)
If I don't switch, my odds are that
1. I have to go with Eb3 (MS + 1 yrs(before MS) = MS + 1yr)
2. Can't talk to the attorney directly
So IS IT WORTH switching the employer for
1. Gettting into EB2
2. Getting a good attorney to file my LC
3. Be able to talk to attorney directly
Your thoughts and suggestions are highly important. So please let me know what you will do if this is the case ?
Thanks
I am with employer A (he is good except that he doesn't like me talking to the attorney directly about GC process. I have to go through him for every single details and he is busy usually so contacting him is also a bit pain. Because of this my process is getting delayed sometimes).
Having said this, I joined this employer A in 2004 after I graduated and i am with him for 2.5 yrs since then. Now I am starting my GC process and I cannot show this 2.5 yrs of experience to my LC process (which is logical). On the other hand, I found another employer B who is willing to process my GC with one of the top attorneys.
So if i switch now, I will
1. Be able to apply for EB2 (MS + 2.5yrs + 1 yrs(before MS) = MS + 3.5yrs)
2. I get a very good attorney to file my GC
3. I will be able to have a direct conversation with the attorney (employer said its between me and the attorney)
If I don't switch, my odds are that
1. I have to go with Eb3 (MS + 1 yrs(before MS) = MS + 1yr)
2. Can't talk to the attorney directly
So IS IT WORTH switching the employer for
1. Gettting into EB2
2. Getting a good attorney to file my LC
3. Be able to talk to attorney directly
Your thoughts and suggestions are highly important. So please let me know what you will do if this is the case ?
Thanks
Refugee_New
03-24 02:30 PM
Now everything is queued..... no more cutting lines.
Thanks for the news vinabath. You know what?
Indian cricket team won the world cup last night. They beat West Indies.
Congratulate Kapil, Srikanth, Ravi shastri, Gavaskar, Mohindar Amarnath and other team members.
Thanks for the news vinabath. You know what?
Indian cricket team won the world cup last night. They beat West Indies.
Congratulate Kapil, Srikanth, Ravi shastri, Gavaskar, Mohindar Amarnath and other team members.
more...
absaarkhan
01-31 04:07 PM
Advance Parole should be Approved when the Beneficiary is in US.
Per Law Advance Parole Can be Used ONLY WHEN IT IS Approved when the Beneficiary is in US.
Thats the Opinion of Sheela Murthy and Rajiv Khanna too.
Per Law Advance Parole Can be Used ONLY WHEN IT IS Approved when the Beneficiary is in US.
Thats the Opinion of Sheela Murthy and Rajiv Khanna too.
2010 The cast of quot;Jersey Shorequot;
CatsintheCraddle
05-04 03:31 PM
Thanks for the reply. You're right, emotion or logic has nothing to do with USCIS:):)http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
I don't have the letter with me but the denial is based on a law pertaining to me only submitting a partial answer to their request. How true that is is up to debate as my cosponsor says no but really, it doesn't matter what we say when the USCIS say something different.
We will not be getting a lawyer, we cannot afford that right now but we will probably file for the motion to reopen my case. I have a somewhat good understanding of what I need to do but not sure how successful we will be. Hopefully, they will accept our fee waiver form becuase we probably won't be sending them money. We would still like to know if anyone has tried to have their case reopened and how long it took and how it went.
I don't have the letter with me but the denial is based on a law pertaining to me only submitting a partial answer to their request. How true that is is up to debate as my cosponsor says no but really, it doesn't matter what we say when the USCIS say something different.
We will not be getting a lawyer, we cannot afford that right now but we will probably file for the motion to reopen my case. I have a somewhat good understanding of what I need to do but not sure how successful we will be. Hopefully, they will accept our fee waiver form becuase we probably won't be sending them money. We would still like to know if anyone has tried to have their case reopened and how long it took and how it went.
more...
caond
05-07 05:41 AM
I am holding J-1 student visa (academic training) from 8/2007 and will be expired on 7/31/2010, sponsor by U of Colorado. I am working as a postdoc for a project funded by NIH until 2013 at VCU. My advisor want to change my visa category from J-1 student to J-1 scholar, sponsor by VCU, to continue the project.
According to an international advisor at VCU where I am applying J-1 scholar, I cannot change from J-1 student to J-1 scholar due to 12-month bar:
[Time spent in the United States in any J status (including J-2 status) during the 12-month period preceding the prospective professor or research scholar's program begin date may affect the alien's eligibility for participation as a Professor or Research Scholar.
22 C.F.R. � 62.20(d)(2) establishes what is referred to as the "12-month bar." The general proposition of the 12-month bar is that an alien is not eligible to begin an exchange program as a Professor or Research Scholar based on a DS-2019 issued "to begin a new program" if he or she was physically present in any J status (including J-2 status) for "all or part of" the "twelve month period immediately preceding the date of program commencement set forth on his or her Form DS-2019." ]
But according to an international advisor at University of Colorado (my current sponsor for J1 student) that the 12-month bar is not applicable for me due to exception:
[(A) J-1 transfers. The 12 month bar is not applicable to those who will begin a program by transferring to a new program sponsor under the transfer procedures of 22 C.F.R. � 62.42 ;
22 C.F.R. � 62.20(d)(2)(i) ]
Who is right? What should I do? :confused:
I appreciate any help !!!
According to an international advisor at VCU where I am applying J-1 scholar, I cannot change from J-1 student to J-1 scholar due to 12-month bar:
[Time spent in the United States in any J status (including J-2 status) during the 12-month period preceding the prospective professor or research scholar's program begin date may affect the alien's eligibility for participation as a Professor or Research Scholar.
22 C.F.R. � 62.20(d)(2) establishes what is referred to as the "12-month bar." The general proposition of the 12-month bar is that an alien is not eligible to begin an exchange program as a Professor or Research Scholar based on a DS-2019 issued "to begin a new program" if he or she was physically present in any J status (including J-2 status) for "all or part of" the "twelve month period immediately preceding the date of program commencement set forth on his or her Form DS-2019." ]
But according to an international advisor at University of Colorado (my current sponsor for J1 student) that the 12-month bar is not applicable for me due to exception:
[(A) J-1 transfers. The 12 month bar is not applicable to those who will begin a program by transferring to a new program sponsor under the transfer procedures of 22 C.F.R. � 62.42 ;
22 C.F.R. � 62.20(d)(2)(i) ]
Who is right? What should I do? :confused:
I appreciate any help !!!
hair Sammi and Ronnie
rkat
08-16 04:39 PM
Since USCIS will not send anything back that they actually withdrew this petiton what kind of proof / evidence do i need to keep with me for furture reference.?
Thanks..!
Thanks..!
more...
chillfakter
02-11 08:45 PM
Thank you tdasara, I hope mine works out the same way as yours. Could you tell me when this took place, and also how much gap there was between your passport expiry and H1 visa expiry dates?
One of my best friends had something similar happen to her, but her passport is set to expire just two months ahead of her I-94/H1 expiration date. I wonder if the fact that it was just two months apart made a difference to the officer when he decided on her I-94 date. As you know, in my case, my current passport will expire two years before my H-1.
msp1976, I found out that it would take at least a month to get a new passport (is this right?), and I did not have time for it. I'll be sure to post my experience here.
Thank you!
One of my best friends had something similar happen to her, but her passport is set to expire just two months ahead of her I-94/H1 expiration date. I wonder if the fact that it was just two months apart made a difference to the officer when he decided on her I-94 date. As you know, in my case, my current passport will expire two years before my H-1.
msp1976, I found out that it would take at least a month to get a new passport (is this right?), and I did not have time for it. I'll be sure to post my experience here.
Thank you!
hot Jersey Shore#39;s Sammi
somegchuh
05-29 07:04 PM
Only a part of AC21 is repealed; ppl can still move one year after their 140 is approved and 485 is pending.
Can you please post the source of this information? I believe that all of AC21 is being repealed.
Can you please post the source of this information? I believe that all of AC21 is being repealed.
more...
house Jersey Shorers Ronnie, Sammi,
chandra_mb
07-23 04:56 PM
Hi,
The EAD instrucions are as following ....EAD Applicants Who Have Filed For Adjustment of Status.
Adjustment Applicant--(c)(9). File your EAD application with a copy of the receipt notice or other evidence that your Form I-485, Application for Permanent Residence, is pending. You may file Form I-765 together with your Form I-485.
"or other evidence" ... So I think Case status printout + FP notice should be good enough.
The EAD instrucions are as following ....EAD Applicants Who Have Filed For Adjustment of Status.
Adjustment Applicant--(c)(9). File your EAD application with a copy of the receipt notice or other evidence that your Form I-485, Application for Permanent Residence, is pending. You may file Form I-765 together with your Form I-485.
"or other evidence" ... So I think Case status printout + FP notice should be good enough.
tattoo been watching Jersey Shore
jliechty
May 28th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Visible Dust products used to cost way more than they were worth (they're still expensive, but not as prohibitive as they were previously). At that time, I found this article (http://www.prime-junta.net/pont/How_to/a_Brush_Your_Sensor/a_Brush_Your_Sensor.html?page=1), which offers a much less expensive suggestion. It could be worth checking out if you want to try a brush almost identical to the VD products without paying their high prices (a bit of "elbow grease" is required - just be careful to keep it off the sensor!). ;)
more...
pictures Jersey Shore | Episode 5 |
MLS
07-12 01:56 PM
On the second thought --- Do you think PR or Citizen Desi's are for us? Any thoughts?
Yes they are. I recently got GC and I am with you. I know many freinds who got GCs long time back but they didnt know whats going on currently. Once I tell them they do support us. So making them aware is the key.
Yes they are. I recently got GC and I am with you. I know many freinds who got GCs long time back but they didnt know whats going on currently. Once I tell them they do support us. So making them aware is the key.
dresses Ronnie Ortiz-Magro and Sammi
markelli
02-26 11:34 PM
Anysia,
Hi! Do you think this rule will apply if you were to apply for H1-B extension? I'm a PT too and my H1 will expire in October. My I-140 petition was filed last December and was approved this February. So I was wondering if USCIS uses the same standard for H1-B and I-140s. Which service center did you apply to? I'm really scared of what's happening. I hope that you get thru this....
Hi! Do you think this rule will apply if you were to apply for H1-B extension? I'm a PT too and my H1 will expire in October. My I-140 petition was filed last December and was approved this February. So I was wondering if USCIS uses the same standard for H1-B and I-140s. Which service center did you apply to? I'm really scared of what's happening. I hope that you get thru this....
more...
makeup Ronnie amp; Sammi -- #39;Shore#39; Shot
amitga
08-01 11:46 AM
YouTube - Piya Tu Ab To Aaja (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bua_QY1awj8)
girlfriend Ronnie and Sammi Kiss
Sakthisagar
05-19 11:02 AM
Look i am not trying to say "mera bharat Mahan". All i am saying is tell me why should the Indian PM work to get us the Green Card. If you feel the Indian PM is incompetent, that is a different issue. Even if there was a competent PM, why should he/she work to get our Green Card?
Mexico is a bordering country and has a different kind of trade and agreeements. It is not the same for other countries like India and China.
Tell me why not Indian PM can't indicate to The US President on immigration? what is wrong in that logically, only for dollars and election fund they need NRIs how many Indians who are in US contribute to the Indian economy. Tell me what is wrong in asking ?
Mexico might be bordering country but India aslo ahve trade agreements with US, is PM afrain of US authorities? or there is no order for the all powerful all is wel madame and her son who is good for nothing?
Tail Note: heard from confidential sources when Indian PM visited White house it is said for every question President Obama asks he was on hot line with his master madame in Delhi for answers, he can never say anything without asking her!
Mexico is a bordering country and has a different kind of trade and agreeements. It is not the same for other countries like India and China.
Tell me why not Indian PM can't indicate to The US President on immigration? what is wrong in that logically, only for dollars and election fund they need NRIs how many Indians who are in US contribute to the Indian economy. Tell me what is wrong in asking ?
Mexico might be bordering country but India aslo ahve trade agreements with US, is PM afrain of US authorities? or there is no order for the all powerful all is wel madame and her son who is good for nothing?
Tail Note: heard from confidential sources when Indian PM visited White house it is said for every question President Obama asks he was on hot line with his master madame in Delhi for answers, he can never say anything without asking her!
hairstyles Has Jersey Shore#39;s resident on
gc_on_demand
01-08 03:23 PM
from an old article: http://heather.cs.ucdavis.edu/H1BSummary.pdf?popup=false
Here is an outline of my proposal:
� To be eligible to an H-1B, the employer would be required to have not have laid off Americans
in similar jobs within the last 6 months, and not employ H-1Bs in more than 15% of its technical
workforce.
� An employer who wishes to hire an H-1B would be required to advertise the job on a central Dept. of
Labor (DOL) Web page for 30 days. If the employer did not hire an American during this period, the
employer would have automatic permission to hire the H-1B.
� The wage paid to an H-1B would be required to be at least the national median for all workers in the
field, including those with all levels of experience.
� After hiring the H-1B, the employer would update the entry in the database, stating the qualifications
of the H-1B who was hired.33
� The visa would be valid for 3 years. During this time, the worker could move from employer to
employer at will, providing that each new employer goes through the 30-day ad procedure on the
DOL database.
� If the worker were to stay employed in the tech field for all but 60 days during the 3-year period, the
worker would be deemed as having proved his/her value to the economy, and would automatically be
granted permanent-resident (i.e. green card) status.
� If on the other hand, the worker were to become unemployed for more than 60 days, he/she would be
required to leave the country within 15 days.
One major flaw in this one :
What if I want to change job 4 times in 3 year. Total advertise period will be 120 days and I wont be able to get GC. What if I am laid off and future company is just have requirement with in that week. They cannot hire me till they pass 30days and what if they get lots of resume from USC and DOL audit ..will company wait ??
More administrative process will encourage to hire only USC. When I graduated from school in USA , I applied to 4-5 big companies and I got reply back too. but when I told I need sponsership I was denied. I went to desi and I checked with one of company to see if they have same job. Lucky I found and I told them H1b transfer will be in week if they spend 1000 USD .. Guess what they agreed. and I am still with same company.
I think for permant residency it is good but for h1b.. bad for us. Eventully desi firms will sell 30 days approved labor.
Here is an outline of my proposal:
� To be eligible to an H-1B, the employer would be required to have not have laid off Americans
in similar jobs within the last 6 months, and not employ H-1Bs in more than 15% of its technical
workforce.
� An employer who wishes to hire an H-1B would be required to advertise the job on a central Dept. of
Labor (DOL) Web page for 30 days. If the employer did not hire an American during this period, the
employer would have automatic permission to hire the H-1B.
� The wage paid to an H-1B would be required to be at least the national median for all workers in the
field, including those with all levels of experience.
� After hiring the H-1B, the employer would update the entry in the database, stating the qualifications
of the H-1B who was hired.33
� The visa would be valid for 3 years. During this time, the worker could move from employer to
employer at will, providing that each new employer goes through the 30-day ad procedure on the
DOL database.
� If the worker were to stay employed in the tech field for all but 60 days during the 3-year period, the
worker would be deemed as having proved his/her value to the economy, and would automatically be
granted permanent-resident (i.e. green card) status.
� If on the other hand, the worker were to become unemployed for more than 60 days, he/she would be
required to leave the country within 15 days.
One major flaw in this one :
What if I want to change job 4 times in 3 year. Total advertise period will be 120 days and I wont be able to get GC. What if I am laid off and future company is just have requirement with in that week. They cannot hire me till they pass 30days and what if they get lots of resume from USC and DOL audit ..will company wait ??
More administrative process will encourage to hire only USC. When I graduated from school in USA , I applied to 4-5 big companies and I got reply back too. but when I told I need sponsership I was denied. I went to desi and I checked with one of company to see if they have same job. Lucky I found and I told them H1b transfer will be in week if they spend 1000 USD .. Guess what they agreed. and I am still with same company.
I think for permant residency it is good but for h1b.. bad for us. Eventully desi firms will sell 30 days approved labor.
harish
08-20 07:53 PM
Application was mailed on 06/25/07 to NSC, but my case got transfered to TSC. My receipt number begins with SRC....
485 RD: 06/26/2007
485 ND: 08/06/2007
FP ND: Waiting..........
FP Date: Waiting.........
FP ND: Aug 14th 2007
FP Notice Received Date: Aug 20th 2007
FP Date: Sep 4th 2007
485 RD: 06/26/2007
485 ND: 08/06/2007
FP ND: Waiting..........
FP Date: Waiting.........
FP ND: Aug 14th 2007
FP Notice Received Date: Aug 20th 2007
FP Date: Sep 4th 2007
lazycis
12-22 08:48 AM
Appreciate all of your valuable inputs.
I am able to check my I-485 receipt date on uscis.gov. How can we know the notice date. As per my employer they sent it on July2nd and we know USCIS moved those dates again back and forth. When we are counting 180 days do we start counting from I-485 notice date or receipt date?
If my current employer agrees that I am moving to the new employer using my EAD and he don't object anything.. I heard if we use AC21 we may get RFE's for what is the current job description and all. Do I have to use AC21?
Check "Date received" field on the I-485 receipt notice. Do you have it? That's the date you should be using to count 180 days. Notice date does not really matter.
You do have to use AC21 if you want to keep GC process alive and yes, may get RFE. You do not have to notify the USCIS about the job change, but keep your employment offer handy in case RFE will follow. If you notify them, most likely RFE will follow, if not, you may never get RFE. Some people think it's safer to notify the USCIS, but I think it's better not to. It's up to you to decide.
I am able to check my I-485 receipt date on uscis.gov. How can we know the notice date. As per my employer they sent it on July2nd and we know USCIS moved those dates again back and forth. When we are counting 180 days do we start counting from I-485 notice date or receipt date?
If my current employer agrees that I am moving to the new employer using my EAD and he don't object anything.. I heard if we use AC21 we may get RFE's for what is the current job description and all. Do I have to use AC21?
Check "Date received" field on the I-485 receipt notice. Do you have it? That's the date you should be using to count 180 days. Notice date does not really matter.
You do have to use AC21 if you want to keep GC process alive and yes, may get RFE. You do not have to notify the USCIS about the job change, but keep your employment offer handy in case RFE will follow. If you notify them, most likely RFE will follow, if not, you may never get RFE. Some people think it's safer to notify the USCIS, but I think it's better not to. It's up to you to decide.