desijackass
11-02 09:34 AM
I got my H1 B stamped in Oct 2010 at the Vancouver consulate.
Step 1:
The first thing you need to get an appointment at Vancouver consulate is to visit their website (Vancouver • U.S. Consular Services in Canada (http://www.consular.canada.usembassy.gov/vancouver.asp)). Instructions on the website are pretty straightforward. Use the online system to enter all your information and fill up the DS160 electronically. Upload a recent photo (within 6 months). I saw a number of people have to produce newer photos when I was at the consulate because the ones they provided were too old. If you screw up on that , don't worry there is a photo booth inside the consulate (that is super expensive) and you can get pics there. There is also a store across from the consulate where you can get pics.,\
Once you fill up your DS 160, continue the application process for the visa, and at the very last step you can request a date. I did mine a month in advance and I think the system releases dates only 1 month in advance. My appointment was on Oct18 and the system allowed me to change dates upto Oct 15. Pay the online fee using your credit card and make sure you have a printer handy. The reciept they send you is important and make sure you print it out immediately. I did not find another spot where you could print it.
Step 2:
Now that you have an appointment , if you are Indian , you will need a valid visa for Canada. Goto the Canadian consulate website for the USA and depending on your nearest consulate send the application. Please remember the Canadian consulate is not as efficient as the US consulate and allow at least 3 weeks for them to process your visa. Mine took over 15 days and they sent the passport back regular ordinary mail. The passport reached a day late , so I had to rebook my airline tickets. If you plan things well , you can get your passport back and book tickets then. I have read online that you can send them an express mail cover , but I didn't see anything of that sort on the website, you can try it, worst case you will be out $20. The Canadian form is a pain , but once that is done, just mail everything in. For Canada I said reason for visit was "tourism" , didnt really talk about the Visa renewal. I included bank documents, and last 3 paystubs. You don't need a valid US visa to go to Canada because technically the H1B document is valid for return.
Step 3:
Assuming you have got your Canadian visa, buy airline tickets to Seattle, it is much cheaper than buying tickets to Vancouver. Once there there are a number of ways to cross the border. You can be super cheap and take a bus , or if you have friends and family you can rent a car and drive across. My car rental rate for the whole week was $275. Vancouver has a great public transport system and you do not really need a car there.
I crossed over at midnight so there was no traffic, the lazy Canadian border guard didn't really care , barely looked and my passport and waved me through. (Makes sense that they don't care that much because the US is so strict, if you are here and crossing over, you are probably legal!) Don't take any food across, thats one of the questions they ask you, and if you do have any , it would probably be a hasssle.
Step 4:
Now that you are in Canada, you don't have to stay downtown Vancouver. I pricelined a hotel (Hilton) in Burnaby, which is the next suburb also called metro town. $75 a night , whcih was a great deal for the hotel, right across from a really large shopping mall.It was also 5 mins walk from their sky train system.I would suggest getting a hotel for atleast 3 days. and then getting more if you required. So I parked my car there. Monday morning , interview day, I took the skytrain downtown, I think the stop was waterfront or the one before that, sky trains are empty, fast and efficient <20mins to get downtown and $3.5 for the ticket. 5mins walk from the station to 1075 w pender street where the consulate is located. There are hardly any signs, so you may have to ask around. Hint: the consulate is in the same building as the Starbucks. Don't bother going early than 20 mins, because you will just stand around waiting. 20 mins in to your appointment, make your way to the consulate.
You will need your passport, supporting documents (just the bar code DS160 reciept), pay stubs, H1B notice etc
They will do a preliminary check at the entrance,DO NOT TAKE YOUR CELL PHONE or any electronics with you, you will be sent away.
After that you go to this dull , drab room, where you sit around for about 1/2 hour till they check your docs and wait for finger printing. They are usually very friendly there, any discrepancy , they let you correct it, not like Chennai where they kick you out.
After 1/2 hour I got finger printed then was taken up to the 20th floor, where I had to wait for 5 mins.When my number was called.
I then went up to the counter, the lady asked my what I did, where I worked (Usual BS), it was my third renewal, so it was pretty lax. I work for a Big 10 school, so it wasn't much of a problem. I was done in 5 mins, and she said that she was sticking sticker on my passport so I could come back on Wednesday and pick it up, or I could have it sent to DHL, I said , I would come back.
I was out of there, I then explored Vancouver for a couple of days, went back to consulate on Wednesday when a security guard handed me my passport. I pricelined the same hotel and extended my stay for a few days, then drove back to Seattle.
On my return, my entry was smooth, they checked my paperwork, american border guards were very efficient and friendly. It was a half hour wait at peach arch, and I was there at 7 am. I did notice lines getting bigger. I had to pay$6 for a new I-94 and then drove to Seattle airport and was out of there.
Step 1:
The first thing you need to get an appointment at Vancouver consulate is to visit their website (Vancouver • U.S. Consular Services in Canada (http://www.consular.canada.usembassy.gov/vancouver.asp)). Instructions on the website are pretty straightforward. Use the online system to enter all your information and fill up the DS160 electronically. Upload a recent photo (within 6 months). I saw a number of people have to produce newer photos when I was at the consulate because the ones they provided were too old. If you screw up on that , don't worry there is a photo booth inside the consulate (that is super expensive) and you can get pics there. There is also a store across from the consulate where you can get pics.,\
Once you fill up your DS 160, continue the application process for the visa, and at the very last step you can request a date. I did mine a month in advance and I think the system releases dates only 1 month in advance. My appointment was on Oct18 and the system allowed me to change dates upto Oct 15. Pay the online fee using your credit card and make sure you have a printer handy. The reciept they send you is important and make sure you print it out immediately. I did not find another spot where you could print it.
Step 2:
Now that you have an appointment , if you are Indian , you will need a valid visa for Canada. Goto the Canadian consulate website for the USA and depending on your nearest consulate send the application. Please remember the Canadian consulate is not as efficient as the US consulate and allow at least 3 weeks for them to process your visa. Mine took over 15 days and they sent the passport back regular ordinary mail. The passport reached a day late , so I had to rebook my airline tickets. If you plan things well , you can get your passport back and book tickets then. I have read online that you can send them an express mail cover , but I didn't see anything of that sort on the website, you can try it, worst case you will be out $20. The Canadian form is a pain , but once that is done, just mail everything in. For Canada I said reason for visit was "tourism" , didnt really talk about the Visa renewal. I included bank documents, and last 3 paystubs. You don't need a valid US visa to go to Canada because technically the H1B document is valid for return.
Step 3:
Assuming you have got your Canadian visa, buy airline tickets to Seattle, it is much cheaper than buying tickets to Vancouver. Once there there are a number of ways to cross the border. You can be super cheap and take a bus , or if you have friends and family you can rent a car and drive across. My car rental rate for the whole week was $275. Vancouver has a great public transport system and you do not really need a car there.
I crossed over at midnight so there was no traffic, the lazy Canadian border guard didn't really care , barely looked and my passport and waved me through. (Makes sense that they don't care that much because the US is so strict, if you are here and crossing over, you are probably legal!) Don't take any food across, thats one of the questions they ask you, and if you do have any , it would probably be a hasssle.
Step 4:
Now that you are in Canada, you don't have to stay downtown Vancouver. I pricelined a hotel (Hilton) in Burnaby, which is the next suburb also called metro town. $75 a night , whcih was a great deal for the hotel, right across from a really large shopping mall.It was also 5 mins walk from their sky train system.I would suggest getting a hotel for atleast 3 days. and then getting more if you required. So I parked my car there. Monday morning , interview day, I took the skytrain downtown, I think the stop was waterfront or the one before that, sky trains are empty, fast and efficient <20mins to get downtown and $3.5 for the ticket. 5mins walk from the station to 1075 w pender street where the consulate is located. There are hardly any signs, so you may have to ask around. Hint: the consulate is in the same building as the Starbucks. Don't bother going early than 20 mins, because you will just stand around waiting. 20 mins in to your appointment, make your way to the consulate.
You will need your passport, supporting documents (just the bar code DS160 reciept), pay stubs, H1B notice etc
They will do a preliminary check at the entrance,DO NOT TAKE YOUR CELL PHONE or any electronics with you, you will be sent away.
After that you go to this dull , drab room, where you sit around for about 1/2 hour till they check your docs and wait for finger printing. They are usually very friendly there, any discrepancy , they let you correct it, not like Chennai where they kick you out.
After 1/2 hour I got finger printed then was taken up to the 20th floor, where I had to wait for 5 mins.When my number was called.
I then went up to the counter, the lady asked my what I did, where I worked (Usual BS), it was my third renewal, so it was pretty lax. I work for a Big 10 school, so it wasn't much of a problem. I was done in 5 mins, and she said that she was sticking sticker on my passport so I could come back on Wednesday and pick it up, or I could have it sent to DHL, I said , I would come back.
I was out of there, I then explored Vancouver for a couple of days, went back to consulate on Wednesday when a security guard handed me my passport. I pricelined the same hotel and extended my stay for a few days, then drove back to Seattle.
On my return, my entry was smooth, they checked my paperwork, american border guards were very efficient and friendly. It was a half hour wait at peach arch, and I was there at 7 am. I did notice lines getting bigger. I had to pay$6 for a new I-94 and then drove to Seattle airport and was out of there.
wallpaper Robert De Niro Rolling Stone
pappu
06-08 12:17 PM
Lets discuss Post-CIR on one thread only.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4917
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4917
gultie2k
07-07 01:42 PM
Ganguteli and Saxena...
Even though your intention may be right...the means is not. Hoping for bad of others to get help is SICK!!
Even though your intention may be right...the means is not. Hoping for bad of others to get help is SICK!!
2011 #39;Mad Men#39; Cover #39;Rolling Stone
nousername
02-24 01:28 PM
Siva, this is not new. I had such a request back in 2004. I was transferring my visa at the time. My attorney had a university professor state exactly the same thing in a letter. The letter took care of the problem.
I have a Master's program in US and had 3 years previous work ex. Filed my H1B transfer on Sep, which was recently converted to premium processing. Got the RFE as listed below:
If it is your contention that the beneficialry is qualified to perform services in the specialty occupation yu have described through a combination of education, specialised training and/or work experience in areas related to the specialty . you must submit an evaluation from an official who has the authority to grant college-level credit for training and/or experience in the speciality at an accredited college or univeristy, which has a program for granting such credit based on an individual's training and/or work experience.
With the evaluation, the official must include a letter from the dean or provost of the official's affiliated education instutions, stating that the evaluating offical has the authoriity to grant college-level credit for training and/or experience. The dean or provost must also state in the letter whether the affiliated educational instutiion has a program for granting credit based on a indicidual's training and/or work experience, If the evealuator bases the evaluation partly or completely on the beneficiary's work experience. the evaluation must vlearly demonstate that:
) The beneficiary''s training and/or work experience included the theoretical and practical application of specialized knowledge required by the specialty;
2) The claimed experience was gained while working with peers, supervisors, and/or subordinates who have a degree or equivalent in the specialty
3) The beneficiary has recognition of expertise in the specialty evidenced by at least one type of documentation
A) Recognition of expertise in the specialty occupation by at least two recognized authorities in the same specialty occupation;
B) Membership in a recognized foreign or United States association or society in the specialty
occupation;
C) Published material by or about the alien in professional publications, trade journals, or major newspapers;
D) licensure or registration to practice the specialty occupation in a foreign country; or Achievements
if any one has similar problem please share
Thanks
I have a Master's program in US and had 3 years previous work ex. Filed my H1B transfer on Sep, which was recently converted to premium processing. Got the RFE as listed below:
If it is your contention that the beneficialry is qualified to perform services in the specialty occupation yu have described through a combination of education, specialised training and/or work experience in areas related to the specialty . you must submit an evaluation from an official who has the authority to grant college-level credit for training and/or experience in the speciality at an accredited college or univeristy, which has a program for granting such credit based on an individual's training and/or work experience.
With the evaluation, the official must include a letter from the dean or provost of the official's affiliated education instutions, stating that the evaluating offical has the authoriity to grant college-level credit for training and/or experience. The dean or provost must also state in the letter whether the affiliated educational instutiion has a program for granting credit based on a indicidual's training and/or work experience, If the evealuator bases the evaluation partly or completely on the beneficiary's work experience. the evaluation must vlearly demonstate that:
) The beneficiary''s training and/or work experience included the theoretical and practical application of specialized knowledge required by the specialty;
2) The claimed experience was gained while working with peers, supervisors, and/or subordinates who have a degree or equivalent in the specialty
3) The beneficiary has recognition of expertise in the specialty evidenced by at least one type of documentation
A) Recognition of expertise in the specialty occupation by at least two recognized authorities in the same specialty occupation;
B) Membership in a recognized foreign or United States association or society in the specialty
occupation;
C) Published material by or about the alien in professional publications, trade journals, or major newspapers;
D) licensure or registration to practice the specialty occupation in a foreign country; or Achievements
if any one has similar problem please share
Thanks
more...
reddy77
01-13 07:58 AM
Thank you All for your prompt replies, much appreciated, one less worry. can focus on my job search. Again, Thanks and have a nice day ...
Lasantha
10-05 12:57 PM
On the flip side, I know people who have gotten selected in DV the very first time. Like you said, that's why it's called a lottery. Anything can happen.
Does anyone know if it makes any difference if you file early or late? I know it's supposed be completely random but does anyone have any theory on how you might have a better chance? My take is that if you file too early (first few days) and if (with a big if) there is a bug in system then your application might get lost. So let the bugs be fixed in first few days and then file.
Well, considering that the new online system has been in operation for the last 2 years, I would hope that all the bugs are already caught and fixed. But they do advise to fille early so that you will avoid the last minute rush.
Does anyone know if it makes any difference if you file early or late? I know it's supposed be completely random but does anyone have any theory on how you might have a better chance? My take is that if you file too early (first few days) and if (with a big if) there is a bug in system then your application might get lost. So let the bugs be fixed in first few days and then file.
Well, considering that the new online system has been in operation for the last 2 years, I would hope that all the bugs are already caught and fixed. But they do advise to fille early so that you will avoid the last minute rush.
more...
pappu
07-26 10:55 AM
pappu, the only way the labor can be transferred to new company is if the 485 has been filed for more than 180 days.
in this case, since he is unable to file 485 due to retrogression, the labor is not transferable. what may be transferable is the priority date.
no my point was--
is there an expiry date for labor approval if 140 is not filed?
in this case, since he is unable to file 485 due to retrogression, the labor is not transferable. what may be transferable is the priority date.
no my point was--
is there an expiry date for labor approval if 140 is not filed?
2010 Here#39;s the cover of the new
hopefulgc
11-05 10:24 PM
Did your company file an EB2 labor/petition on your behalf?
Hi
I my PD is July 2003 EB3 (India).
My I140 was approved in 2006 and had applied for 485, EAD, A/P in July 2007 like most of you. Yesterday LUD on my approved I140 and 485, EAD, A/P applications in USCIS changed after months. But now my approved I140 status has changed to
What is even more surprising is that it also says This is incorrect since i got the approval notice in Nov 2006.
I have NOT done any labor substitution or anything like that.
As usually our corporate lawyer and HR were useless and think this is just some system issue at USCIS. Did anyone else see this before? I was looking for other threads but couldn't find anyone else having similar issues.
Immigration gurus - any suggestions/comments? Is this normal?
Thanks!
Hi
I my PD is July 2003 EB3 (India).
My I140 was approved in 2006 and had applied for 485, EAD, A/P in July 2007 like most of you. Yesterday LUD on my approved I140 and 485, EAD, A/P applications in USCIS changed after months. But now my approved I140 status has changed to
What is even more surprising is that it also says This is incorrect since i got the approval notice in Nov 2006.
I have NOT done any labor substitution or anything like that.
As usually our corporate lawyer and HR were useless and think this is just some system issue at USCIS. Did anyone else see this before? I was looking for other threads but couldn't find anyone else having similar issues.
Immigration gurus - any suggestions/comments? Is this normal?
Thanks!
more...
chanlal
07-31 11:50 AM
Thank you for your prompt response
1. Since company did not send me to USA after getting h1b visa 32 months back. Can he take legal action to pay liquidated charges? as mentioned below in the agreement.
Extract from Agreement: If the employee terminates the agreement prior to the minimum period of 18 months, the employee will pay company liquidated charges of 4000 USD.
2.Can New Jersy laws applicable in India to send a legal notice to me?
3. Since I have not travelled to USA on H1B, Can I be called an Employee of that company who processed my H1B.
4. Can I take any legal action against him as he did not send me to USA despite the fact that I renewed the Bank Guarantee twice.
Pls answer the above 3 questions.
1. Since company did not send me to USA after getting h1b visa 32 months back. Can he take legal action to pay liquidated charges? as mentioned below in the agreement.
Extract from Agreement: If the employee terminates the agreement prior to the minimum period of 18 months, the employee will pay company liquidated charges of 4000 USD.
2.Can New Jersy laws applicable in India to send a legal notice to me?
3. Since I have not travelled to USA on H1B, Can I be called an Employee of that company who processed my H1B.
4. Can I take any legal action against him as he did not send me to USA despite the fact that I renewed the Bank Guarantee twice.
Pls answer the above 3 questions.
hair Rolling Stone Cover
reverendflash
10-21 02:22 AM
in a round about way, I'm a deadhead went to 23 shows in 16 months, backstage for 19 of them, kinda hard not to be at that point...
::crosses legs, goes into meditative state::
and yes, that was my first attempt at freehand drawing (albeit on sugar), and when I had my artistic epiphany... :P
Rev:elderly:
::crosses legs, goes into meditative state::
and yes, that was my first attempt at freehand drawing (albeit on sugar), and when I had my artistic epiphany... :P
Rev:elderly:
more...

lord_labaku
09-16 10:59 PM
Infopass would not hurt.....so just take Infopass to ease ur mind. Explain to the IO ur exact situation & ask them to confirm if ur 485 is ok. u will have the answer from the horse's mouth/
hot justin bieber rolling stone
arukala
01-29 11:14 PM
Hi Friends,
Here is a Story:
1) My First H1 and (My wife H4) the I94's Expired on 30-Sep-08
2) Same Employer Applied for H1 Extension on Notice Date: June 17th 2008
3) RFE received on 10/05 with Employer and My Information (List of all the H1's with Receipts Numbers and W2's, Key Persons in Company, SubContract Or Project Information, Client Letter and My Recent Paystubs and My W2's and My Bank Statements)
4) Lawyer rpelied the RFE and Received by USCIS on Nov18th 2008
5) After 60 Days, Opened an SR with USCIS on 01/23/09
6) Received an Email of Denial Notice on 01/29/09
7) Reason for Denial is not Known
FYI:
1) Filed I-140 EB3 India on May 7th 2007 and RFE on Master Completion Date and Responded to RFE with New Credential Evaluation. FINALLY APPROVED I-140 on Jan 12th 2009. I didn't filed 485/EAD/AP.
Questions:
1) If I open MTR, are we (Me and My Wife) in Status?
2) How much time normally takes to accept MTR
3) How long we (Me and My Wife) can stay in USA?
4) Can I make a transfer and do a premium processing with More than 2 Companies After or Before MTR Opens?
5) Can I continue the current project After I apply MTR?
6) Can I start working with Company B While H1 Transfer is pending?
7) Do I have to wait until its Transfer gets approved Or MTR Approved?
8) What are the chances of approvals in Premium processing in Current Market
9) Can company B apply for H4 Extension Along with H1 Transfer?
I appreciate if you can let us know about other possibilities now.
Please respond at the earliest
Thanks
Ravi
Here is a Story:
1) My First H1 and (My wife H4) the I94's Expired on 30-Sep-08
2) Same Employer Applied for H1 Extension on Notice Date: June 17th 2008
3) RFE received on 10/05 with Employer and My Information (List of all the H1's with Receipts Numbers and W2's, Key Persons in Company, SubContract Or Project Information, Client Letter and My Recent Paystubs and My W2's and My Bank Statements)
4) Lawyer rpelied the RFE and Received by USCIS on Nov18th 2008
5) After 60 Days, Opened an SR with USCIS on 01/23/09
6) Received an Email of Denial Notice on 01/29/09
7) Reason for Denial is not Known
FYI:
1) Filed I-140 EB3 India on May 7th 2007 and RFE on Master Completion Date and Responded to RFE with New Credential Evaluation. FINALLY APPROVED I-140 on Jan 12th 2009. I didn't filed 485/EAD/AP.
Questions:
1) If I open MTR, are we (Me and My Wife) in Status?
2) How much time normally takes to accept MTR
3) How long we (Me and My Wife) can stay in USA?
4) Can I make a transfer and do a premium processing with More than 2 Companies After or Before MTR Opens?
5) Can I continue the current project After I apply MTR?
6) Can I start working with Company B While H1 Transfer is pending?
7) Do I have to wait until its Transfer gets approved Or MTR Approved?
8) What are the chances of approvals in Premium processing in Current Market
9) Can company B apply for H4 Extension Along with H1 Transfer?
I appreciate if you can let us know about other possibilities now.
Please respond at the earliest
Thanks
Ravi
more...
house [MAGAZINE COVER] Dave Grohl
man-woman-and-gc
03-10 10:48 AM
. I had the same. you should be getting an Interview at the local office soon(in one or two months time). They want to verify something regarding your case. In my case it was the missing vaccination document
Thankks for responding. Atleast now I know that my application is alive at USCIS.
Thankks for responding. Atleast now I know that my application is alive at USCIS.
tattoo Adele - Rolling Stone Magazine
IamWithImmiVoice
06-17 09:00 PM
Contributed 100 dollars. Hopefully everyone here contributes and we meet our goals..
more...
pictures 2011 true blood rolling stone true blood rolling stone cover shoot.
santb1975
11-16 08:06 PM
This Holiday season .... Give a gift to IV
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With Thanksgiving right around the corner lets take the time to thank IV for all the successes we have had so far and for all the hardwork that has been put into this cause. Let's make a Holiday contribution to IV. Please join me in this effort. Let's all contribute. Cheers
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With Thanksgiving right around the corner lets take the time to thank IV for all the successes we have had so far and for all the hardwork that has been put into this cause. Let's make a Holiday contribution to IV. Please join me in this effort. Let's all contribute. Cheers
dresses true blood rolling stone cover

nlssubbu
05-19 01:08 PM
In the similar boat.. I received sms/email on 13th that 485 has been approved but have not received any welcome/approval letter till date. I am on H1b. It has expired and I don't have Advance Parole also. I need to travel urgently in first week of June 2011. I was thinking of getting my H1b stamped during the trip, but since that's not possible what are my options???
I called my lawyers office but really didn't get any sound reply... seems like that lost interest once I told them I am not filing EAD/AP and GC is approved
Why don't you take an Info-Pass and check with an immigration officer? In case of GC approved but yet to be received at your end, there is a possibility that they can stamp your passport with temporary GC (I-551 i think) for urgent travel.
Try your luck!
Regards
I called my lawyers office but really didn't get any sound reply... seems like that lost interest once I told them I am not filing EAD/AP and GC is approved
Why don't you take an Info-Pass and check with an immigration officer? In case of GC approved but yet to be received at your end, there is a possibility that they can stamp your passport with temporary GC (I-551 i think) for urgent travel.
Try your luck!
Regards
more...
makeup Lil Wayne Covers Rolling Stone
![[MAGAZINE COVER] Dave Grohl true blood rolling stone magazine cover. [MAGAZINE COVER] Dave Grohl](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj6yqai2wlGUhaJKzdDhFQrXgmBiiSfYEJJuRKT5PXY2myxOV0rz5u1fQ3zm5nCNZdUqGtvY059786NKh-5PXMu4rw7RXTWLgLtj1aQDNy9fjg3bG5MOpoiaN3tg2DZk4m26scxysJiMZJ9/s1600/davegrohlfoofightersrollingstone.jpg)
canmt
10-31 08:18 AM
You can apply for your EAD renewal 4 months in advance. If USCIS takes more than 3 months to renew your EAD, you could visit the nearest USCIS field office and request for an interim EAD after you have accrued 90 days of filing EAD renewal. You will get your Interim EAD in day(s). My personal opinion would be not to spend too much $ for EAD renewal as it is simple online application and you have instructions on the USCIS website.
I hope this helps and good luck on your green card pursuit...
I hope this helps and good luck on your green card pursuit...
girlfriend of Rolling Stone Magazine
VenuK
07-10 06:03 PM
hi gapala,
Thanks for your response...
The result of the appeal is still pending....
one thing for sure that i have decided is that , I will only go for stamping AFTER my PIMS Verification is done in TIjuana, Mexico.
Please let me know your thoughts.
With Thanks
Venu
Thanks for your response...
The result of the appeal is still pending....
one thing for sure that i have decided is that , I will only go for stamping AFTER my PIMS Verification is done in TIjuana, Mexico.
Please let me know your thoughts.
With Thanks
Venu
hairstyles Justin Bieber covers Rolling

sara_apk
04-16 04:05 PM
While at J1-visa, my employer applied for H1B for me. After 3-months of no response from uscis, we sent a check for $1000 for 'premium processing'. My H1B was approved 4 days after check was mailed out. A week after approval Uscis 'REFUNDED' the check with a note the 'case was approved in regular process' hence the refund.
You can hope to get the refund and if not write to uscis and they are honest about these things.
Thanks for your reply. Do you know the address information of USCIS that I can ask them about this?
You can hope to get the refund and if not write to uscis and they are honest about these things.
Thanks for your reply. Do you know the address information of USCIS that I can ask them about this?
pappu
08-30 07:06 PM
Congrats Babu.
Finally someone saw some green in the Nevada desert!
Pls stay in touch and continue to help IV.
Finally someone saw some green in the Nevada desert!
Pls stay in touch and continue to help IV.
factoryman
06-19 01:31 PM
Don't know what the officer will do. Don't tell me I didn't tell you.
COMPARISON OF ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS VERSUS CONSULAR PROCESSING
The purpose of this page is to address the advantages and disadvantages of Adjustment of Status and Consular Processing. There are various factors that need to be considered, including the procedures, the cost, the time and the risks involved in each process.
I. TIME
Generally, Adjustment of Status Applications take about 12-15 months to be approved by the INS. In most cases, Consular Processing takes approximately 6 to 9 months, depending on which US Consulate is chosen.
II. CONSULATE NOTIFICATION
The decision to consular process often turns on the issue of whether the overseas consulate will accept an application without notification from the INS via the National Visa Center (NVC). At present only a handful of Consulates will accept such an application. The usual course calls for the INS to send notice of the approval of the I-140 to the NVC in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, which then notifies the particular consulate.
From time to time, an I-824 is required in order to Consular Process. In these scenarios, Consular processing takes in excess of one year and is almost never a good option. Because some consulates are realizing that the I-824 processing times at the Service Centers are unreasonably lengthy, several Consulates have opted to allow consular processing in their discretion without the requirement of the notification from the NVC. Under this process, the AC I-140 (attorney certified I-140), the attorney directly sends the Consulate a certified copy of the I-140 approval notice.
There are a few things to keep in mind if you choose the AC I-140 process. First, not all consulates recognize it. Second, some Consulates may later switch to an approach where they demand the I-824. Third, some of the consulates who do accept ACI-140 do so only on grounds of hardship, such as the aging out of a child.
III. 180 DAY PORTABILITY RULE
Persons whose I-485s have been pending at the INS for 180 days or longer are ordinarily eligible to transfer to a new employer without abandoning their I-485 Adjustment of Status Application. The rules surrounding the 180 Day Portability are new and can be complex. However, the Portability rule can provide great relief to employees who are concerned that future lay-offs or Reductions In Force may cause their permanent Residency Applications to fail. Because of several liberalized I-485 rules, it usually a poor choice to opt for Consular Processing.
IV. LOCAL ISSUES
Each consulate has its own nuances. Most U.S. Consulates require police certificates for all applicants 16 years or older covering all periods that they have resided in a foreign country. This requirement does not exist in the case of adjustment of status. The consular officers also require a certified copy of any military records, whereas this is not required in adjustment of status applications. The consulate in Manila will only accept birth certificates issued by the National Statistics Office. A person who does not have all the documents at the time of the interview will need to appear for a second interview.
In all cases however, the medical exams have to be completed by a designated doctor in that country. In London, the medical exams are completed the same day as the interview. However, in Johannesburg, Chennai, and Mumbai, the medical exams have to be completed at least two weeks before the interview. Essentially, this means the employee will need to spend approximately three weeks overseas or will require two trips overseas.
In most cases, interview notices are generated approximately 30 days prior to the actual interview. As a practical matter, families need to depart the U.S. immediately upon receipt of an interview notice in order to have plenty of time to complete the medical exam.
In addition to the general procedural differences between the two processes, there are more stringent requirements in consular processing. For example, it is generally easier to obtain waivers of certain medical grounds for exclusion, such as HIV, if you are Adjusting.
V. COSTS
Another issue that should be analyzed is the cost associated with each process. The major monetary difference is travel costs. Plainly, you only need to pay for a flight overseas if you are Consular processing. This can be burdensome and costly where there are several family members.
Another factor that may indirectly affect the costs to the employer and employee is the time that will be required to be spent outside of the United States. During the adjustment of status process, a person can continue their employment in the United States while the case is processing. In consular processing cases, they are required to be out of the U.S. for approximately a month, assuming no problems arise in their case. If problems do arise in their case, they may need to stay overseas longer than anticipated. Alternatively, they could, in most cases, come back to the U.S. but would need to travel to the consulate again for a follow-up interview. Obviously, this adds to additional time away from work and additional expenses. In addition, for employees who have school age children, this would require the child's absence from school.
VI. RISKS
The major factor in deciding whether to choose adjustment of status or consular processing is the risk involved. By far, consular processing is much more risky than the adjustment of status process. First, consular processing provides less opportunity for attorney assistance. In the adjustment of status process, the attorneys prepare the application and file it with the INS. If the INS has a Request for Additional Evidence or any issues in the case, the information is sent to the attorney at which time the attorney can review the issues with the client and submit a response. In consular processing, the consulates do not allow the person to be represented by an attorney during the interview. Sometimes the attorney can stay in the waiting room and address any questions that the applicant has, but is not allowed to actually represent them at the interview.
Second, consular processing involves a personal interview whereas the adjustment of status does not. Of course, any time that there is a personal interview, there is more risk that the applicant will say something unfavorable to his case. It also provides the officer with more time to go in depth into the applicant's immigration history or any issues of excludability. For example, if the employee's job title or job duties have changed at all since the filing of the labor certification then there is more of a chance that the consulate will focus on this issue and could deny the application. In contrast, in adjustment of status the INS does not delve into the exact job duties, (e.g. specific tools, utilities, software) but rather focuses on the job title, salary, and whether there is a continued offer of employment.
Third, consular officers sometimes work with a mindset of distrust because they are accustomed to seeing fraudulent cases. Keep in mind that Manila, Mumbai, and Chennai are high fraud posts.
Fourth, anyone who has been unlawfully present in the United States and is subject to the 3/10 year bar would immediately trigger that bar once he departed the U.S. Clearly, a person in this situation should not even consider consular processing as such as decision would be fatal.
Finally, and most importantly, a denial of a visa at a Consulate post cannot be appealed.
VII. EMPLOYMENT FOR SPOUSES
Spouses can obtain employment authorization while their Application for Adjustment of Status is pending at the INS. They are ineligible for work authorization while their Consular Processing Application is pending.
VIII. CONCLUSION
In sum, consular processing can be advantageous in some situations. However, the decision to do consular processing should be made on a case-by-case basis based upon the particular consulate and the facts of each case. Ordinarily, Adjustment of Status is the better approach.
any members planning consular processing in delhi ???
please respond
COMPARISON OF ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS VERSUS CONSULAR PROCESSING
The purpose of this page is to address the advantages and disadvantages of Adjustment of Status and Consular Processing. There are various factors that need to be considered, including the procedures, the cost, the time and the risks involved in each process.
I. TIME
Generally, Adjustment of Status Applications take about 12-15 months to be approved by the INS. In most cases, Consular Processing takes approximately 6 to 9 months, depending on which US Consulate is chosen.
II. CONSULATE NOTIFICATION
The decision to consular process often turns on the issue of whether the overseas consulate will accept an application without notification from the INS via the National Visa Center (NVC). At present only a handful of Consulates will accept such an application. The usual course calls for the INS to send notice of the approval of the I-140 to the NVC in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, which then notifies the particular consulate.
From time to time, an I-824 is required in order to Consular Process. In these scenarios, Consular processing takes in excess of one year and is almost never a good option. Because some consulates are realizing that the I-824 processing times at the Service Centers are unreasonably lengthy, several Consulates have opted to allow consular processing in their discretion without the requirement of the notification from the NVC. Under this process, the AC I-140 (attorney certified I-140), the attorney directly sends the Consulate a certified copy of the I-140 approval notice.
There are a few things to keep in mind if you choose the AC I-140 process. First, not all consulates recognize it. Second, some Consulates may later switch to an approach where they demand the I-824. Third, some of the consulates who do accept ACI-140 do so only on grounds of hardship, such as the aging out of a child.
III. 180 DAY PORTABILITY RULE
Persons whose I-485s have been pending at the INS for 180 days or longer are ordinarily eligible to transfer to a new employer without abandoning their I-485 Adjustment of Status Application. The rules surrounding the 180 Day Portability are new and can be complex. However, the Portability rule can provide great relief to employees who are concerned that future lay-offs or Reductions In Force may cause their permanent Residency Applications to fail. Because of several liberalized I-485 rules, it usually a poor choice to opt for Consular Processing.
IV. LOCAL ISSUES
Each consulate has its own nuances. Most U.S. Consulates require police certificates for all applicants 16 years or older covering all periods that they have resided in a foreign country. This requirement does not exist in the case of adjustment of status. The consular officers also require a certified copy of any military records, whereas this is not required in adjustment of status applications. The consulate in Manila will only accept birth certificates issued by the National Statistics Office. A person who does not have all the documents at the time of the interview will need to appear for a second interview.
In all cases however, the medical exams have to be completed by a designated doctor in that country. In London, the medical exams are completed the same day as the interview. However, in Johannesburg, Chennai, and Mumbai, the medical exams have to be completed at least two weeks before the interview. Essentially, this means the employee will need to spend approximately three weeks overseas or will require two trips overseas.
In most cases, interview notices are generated approximately 30 days prior to the actual interview. As a practical matter, families need to depart the U.S. immediately upon receipt of an interview notice in order to have plenty of time to complete the medical exam.
In addition to the general procedural differences between the two processes, there are more stringent requirements in consular processing. For example, it is generally easier to obtain waivers of certain medical grounds for exclusion, such as HIV, if you are Adjusting.
V. COSTS
Another issue that should be analyzed is the cost associated with each process. The major monetary difference is travel costs. Plainly, you only need to pay for a flight overseas if you are Consular processing. This can be burdensome and costly where there are several family members.
Another factor that may indirectly affect the costs to the employer and employee is the time that will be required to be spent outside of the United States. During the adjustment of status process, a person can continue their employment in the United States while the case is processing. In consular processing cases, they are required to be out of the U.S. for approximately a month, assuming no problems arise in their case. If problems do arise in their case, they may need to stay overseas longer than anticipated. Alternatively, they could, in most cases, come back to the U.S. but would need to travel to the consulate again for a follow-up interview. Obviously, this adds to additional time away from work and additional expenses. In addition, for employees who have school age children, this would require the child's absence from school.
VI. RISKS
The major factor in deciding whether to choose adjustment of status or consular processing is the risk involved. By far, consular processing is much more risky than the adjustment of status process. First, consular processing provides less opportunity for attorney assistance. In the adjustment of status process, the attorneys prepare the application and file it with the INS. If the INS has a Request for Additional Evidence or any issues in the case, the information is sent to the attorney at which time the attorney can review the issues with the client and submit a response. In consular processing, the consulates do not allow the person to be represented by an attorney during the interview. Sometimes the attorney can stay in the waiting room and address any questions that the applicant has, but is not allowed to actually represent them at the interview.
Second, consular processing involves a personal interview whereas the adjustment of status does not. Of course, any time that there is a personal interview, there is more risk that the applicant will say something unfavorable to his case. It also provides the officer with more time to go in depth into the applicant's immigration history or any issues of excludability. For example, if the employee's job title or job duties have changed at all since the filing of the labor certification then there is more of a chance that the consulate will focus on this issue and could deny the application. In contrast, in adjustment of status the INS does not delve into the exact job duties, (e.g. specific tools, utilities, software) but rather focuses on the job title, salary, and whether there is a continued offer of employment.
Third, consular officers sometimes work with a mindset of distrust because they are accustomed to seeing fraudulent cases. Keep in mind that Manila, Mumbai, and Chennai are high fraud posts.
Fourth, anyone who has been unlawfully present in the United States and is subject to the 3/10 year bar would immediately trigger that bar once he departed the U.S. Clearly, a person in this situation should not even consider consular processing as such as decision would be fatal.
Finally, and most importantly, a denial of a visa at a Consulate post cannot be appealed.
VII. EMPLOYMENT FOR SPOUSES
Spouses can obtain employment authorization while their Application for Adjustment of Status is pending at the INS. They are ineligible for work authorization while their Consular Processing Application is pending.
VIII. CONCLUSION
In sum, consular processing can be advantageous in some situations. However, the decision to do consular processing should be made on a case-by-case basis based upon the particular consulate and the facts of each case. Ordinarily, Adjustment of Status is the better approach.
any members planning consular processing in delhi ???
please respond